1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Game Breaking Visual Bug [Resolved]

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Mallachite, Sep 25, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mallachite

Mallachite Space Hobo

I've been encountering a serious visual bug that I'm not sure how to describes so I've attached a screen cap below. Technically I can still interact with menus and things, as it appears to only affect visuals. So far, the only other application I see it in is FTL: Faster Than Light, and it isn't a full screen issue (i.e. it doesn't mess with anything on my PC other than Starbound and FTL). I tried to go into the files and reinstall DirectX but the file '_commonredist' isn't appearing on my computer even after multiple reinstalls and file verifications. I've also tried changing the vsync setting in the config file, but that has done nothing. Also for some reason the Steam screenshot function doesn't pick it up on either game, but the windows snip tool is. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your specs as well as your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install.

3. Mallachite

Mallachite Space Hobo

Of course, I attached a pdf copy of the log. I'm currently using a Dell XPS 13 9380 laptop. I hope these specs are useful.
    Specs:
    CPU: Intel i5-8265U @ 1.6 GHz
    GPU: Intel Graphics 620
    8 gb ram

Attached Files:

4. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

It's the graphics driver from intel causing the problem. You need to either rollback or update and see if that fixes your issue, if not you can play the game on fullscreen and see if that takes care of the problem. I hope this helps you out. Good Luck.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  5. Mallachite

Mallachite Space Hobo

Thank you! I was actually just an idiot and needed to update the graphics driver. Thank you for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.