1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game crash when planting Fruit Tree

Discussion in 'Support' started by hinus, Oct 6, 2016.

1. hinus

hinus Big Damn Hero

I started a new game since my achievements and progress didn't update when I switched to the steam version, and I've encountered a slightly progress-halting bug when planting a fruit tree.

Now, I do have a 'mod' that only changes the appearance of the fruit trees, yet even in my original game that already has all the fruit trees growing in it, still crashes when I attempt to plant another one. I'm not sure if its because of the mod or something else (I don't have the original .xnb file of the fruit trees to test because I forgot to back it up, if anyone would like to share it with me that'd be nice).

Is there any way of fixing this?
    Also, please don't just say you've experienced the same problem, I'm really looking for a solution here!

Please and Thank you.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

To get the original game files back in Steam, Go to library ->rt click on Stardew Valley->Properties->Local Files->Verify Integrity of Game Cache. That should give you the original .xnb file back. Was that mod only an .xnb file? Is it compatible with 1.1?

• hinus

hinus Big Damn Hero

Hm well what you suggested worked! Thank you for the tip.
        I'm assuming the file was incompatible, because after I did the check I slowly one by one put my retextures/whatever you'd like to call them and it was the only one that made it crash....

This was the mod I was using: Fruit Trees with Signs
        I'm genuinely confused as to how this mod kept making my game crash, it barely changes anything e_e

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

I'm glad it work. I know fruit free behavior was changed.