1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Game freezes after about a minute planetside

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Zsashas, Dec 12, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zsashas

Zsashas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It was fine in the intro, and I can spend as much time in my ship as I want. However, upon beaming down to the first planet, it freezes after roughly a minute, every time. The music still plays, though.

Mods installed:

[​IMG]

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  2. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Aaaaand.... logfiles ?

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  3. Zsashas

GOG version, can't find them.

4. Charlatan

Alright. What can you find? GOG version or not, as long as you find the location the game is installed to, we can help.

5. Zsashas

These are the folders in the game directory:
    [​IMG]

Update: Just tried again, froze within seconds of landing on the planet surface, I tabbed out to type this, and when I went back to the game window, I was in my ship. Will continue testing...

Update 2: Was going fine, managed to harvest a couple of trees, no freeze this time but everything disappeared except for the daytime background, and I was back in my ship again. No warping transition or anything.

Update 3: Attempting to beam down to the planet once more beamed me down to...my ship. Wtf.

Update 4: Managed to capture it this time... as you can see by the fading planet name, this was moments after beaming down once more.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  6. Charlatan

"Update 3" means the world is corrupt. The game threw you back to your ship to *prevent* errors.

You got a "storage" directory there.

This should include starbound.log and starbound_server.log
    Also several .log1 .log2 .log3 etc. That's just backups the game creates.

If you play singleplayer we will need starbound.log from any session where you got any strange results, since it's just a few KB's, zipping up the whole lot including backups is just fine.

If you run your own server, be it local or not, we also need the starbound_server.log(s)

7. Zsashas

8. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Update your starbound to the latest version and also your mods.

~ Iris ~

9. Zsashas

I thought it was on the latest version other than unstable...

Chain of events this time, roughly: started up the game, made a new Avali character, skipped intro, beamed down to planet, immediately got returned to the ship. Returned to main menu, made a new Novakid character, again skipped intro, exact same thing happened.

Log: https://gist.github.com/Zsashas/7389adaac3ef0ba4116404bd600af7d5

Also, is there a way to see the logs being made while the game is running, like Minecraft's console?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
  10. Iris Blanche

1.1.1 is latest stable
    1.2 is latest unstable
    You're using 1.1.0

Update your SB and all the mods you're using like i said above.
    Also use the edit function when making additions to your previous post.

~ Iris ~

11. Zsashas

Updated mining gun and time travel tech mods, removed zenofire's SAIL mod, and re-downloaded Frackin Universe (couldn't remember if I had the most recent or not) I really wish mods put the version number in the filename, would make it a lot easier to keep track of. The update to Starbound itself didn't help, but all that mod stuff together seems to have fixed it.

12. Iris Blanche

Closing and marking as resolved.
    One mod was either outdated or one of the removed ones weren't updated by their author.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.