1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Greckan Race Mod v1.2.5a (SB v1.3.3)

Adding A New Race Of Diplomatic Denizens To Your Universe!

1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

What'd I fuckup this time?

2. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Nah it was the codex I did, forgot to remove it from my assets after I gave it to you lol.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  3. Inf_Wolf14

Updates are gonna slow down for a couple days guys... Sorry, but I've been hired to work on a wedding so I'm probably not gonna be very active for the next couple days.

After which, however, I expect to start on the final push to make the Greckan hit their own 1.0 release!
    (In case you didn't know, this mod was technically beta the whole time :p)
    I'm gonna round out some armor, finish the last two ship tiers, plus a few other oddities.

Not much else to be said... Again, I apologize for inconvenience, I'll try to check back for messages, but new content won't drop in this time.

Until next!

Relten likes this.
  4. demonix

demonix Subatomic Cosmonaut

how to know what log to send, the last (for me the 5) ???

5. Inf_Wolf14

The logs pile up to 5 on top of the most recent one.
    If you use Windows, enable the viewing of file extensions, the log strictly called "starbound.log" is always the most recent one, all others are the previous ones in order.
    A new log is generated every time you open Starbound as a program.

6. Inf_Wolf14

Also...
    Literally 2 away from 500 downloads. *squee*

Relten and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  7. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

And it looks like I am number 500

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  8. Noranum

Noranum Phantasmal Quasar

I'm having some trouble with this, unfortunately. When running around a Greckan Village as a Fenerox, people seem to get so excited that they all having a heart attack and die instantly. Except the trader, who seem to be professional enough not losing their life when meeting a not-so-usual race.

In short: Seems that there is an error with reaction or dialogue regarding custom races. I had those before with other race mods, but only guards. This time, it's everyone.

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  9. Inf_Wolf14

Maybe the Fennerox are so cute that they literally explode when they see one? ^.^ (The merchant doesn't 'cause he's a stone-hard salesman...)

But in all actuality, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't add a default dialog to the options because I thought, in that case, it would revert to a global default, not race-specific defaults. I'll shoot out an update whenever I'm available, but again, I'm working so sorry if it isn't for a day or so. :(

Someone's on my list of favorite people now... :poke:

Relten and Noranum like this.
  10. Inf_Wolf14

Just to be safe, think you could repeat the crime? Kill a few Greckan with your cuteness and attach a log for me?

I'll have some time tomorrow afternoon to see about this.

11. Noranum

Noranum Phantasmal Quasar

I spawned some villagers via command, and for some reason, they refuse to explode with joy. There was an update for the Fenerox, tho. My apologizes if I posted an false alarm. :(
    I'll try to find a Greckan Village, maybe the guys there are more explodable.

Update: Nope, they stay in one piece, too. Seems that this was a problem with the Fenerox which is already fixed. (Lethal cuteness nerf)
    I'm sorry for bothering you.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  12. Inf_Wolf14

Nah youre all good man. If anything anywhere can be interpreted as a bug, i appreciate someone letting me know.

Hope you continue to enjoy the mod. ;)

Noranum likes this.
  13. Inf_Wolf14

I'll be back content-producing by the end off the day everyone.
    Through with my job, and I got paid, so now all that's left is to actually get home. See you all in a few hours!

14. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 updated Greckan Race Mod with a new update entry:

The Bane of My Existence

Read the rest of this update entry...

In case you don't read the full update:
    Armor is subject to change. In fact, it WILL change!
    Armor is my most hated thing to do... So expect alot of indecisiveness on my part.
    (I should really find an artist for it...)

Thanks for reading!

15. whitejpg

whitejpg Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was wondering if this will ever make a appearance on the Steam Workshop?

16. Inf_Wolf14

I have made the answer to this questions multiple times.
    It will be released to Steam after it exits beta. No sooner, no later.

17. Jareix Cryvix

So you can front page and get instantly noticed and not ignored...
    Should I reset my steam page when mine leaves beta? (I'd lose my stats, but get front paged again...)

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  18. Inf_Wolf14

Huh, i suppose that's one angle...
    I meant to keep it to the forums until I left beta to prevent anyone from misinterpreting the beta to a finished product.

It might be a good idea if youre looking to appear new. Im not too sure how people browsing the workshop react to new rather than updated mods. (I only monitor that reaction on these forums)

19. Jareix Cryvix

Well, new/updated mods are often at least clicked on. Since I posted while the mod was not very developed, it was noticed (views) but didn't hold much attention(downloads). ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472670254.109242.jpg
    As you can see, views shot up, and then dwindled off because it never reached front workshop page again.
    Your mod, even in its current state, would most certainly prove much more successful than mine... (Hell, even the squid girl mod is more popular after shorter time...) If you release it totally finished, it's sure to be in the front page for a while under popular or highest rated.

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  20. whitejpg

whitejpg Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm so sorry I didn't realise

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.