1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Help creativity!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Satan^^^, Nov 26, 2017.

?

Just for fun, does anyone actually like the current item id's?

1. Of course, I love confusion!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Well, yeah because I have no choice...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I would rather it be changed...

50.0%
  4. Hell no, it's annoying af!

50.0%
  1. Satan^^^

Satan^^^ Orbital Explorer

I'm sure this has been requested a lot, but I wouldn't mind a creative mode. Maybe that's a bit much to ask, but at the very least, it would have been nice for the /spawnitem command to actually be a bit more user friendly. Like when you want to spawn timber, any smart person would think "hmmm... maybe I type /spawnitem timber?" Nope. Obviously, it's /spawnitem darkwoodmaterial. Because that makes sense. Creative mode might sound like a lot of work, but overhauling the /spawnitem command would be a lot more, and is something that shouldn't be a problem, but what do I know. Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest. (Even though I have a feeling nobody agrees with me, because I just naturally have an unpopular opinion about...everything.) I really like building but I hate having to bounce back and fourth between the wiki and such to find out what stupid phrase they thought would suit each item.

Thanks for reading,
    Bye.

2. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here are two things that you can do to make a quality of life improvement over the above situation:
    • While in admin mode go to a bench and everything will be available to build.
    • Get the Spawnable Item Pack mod