Help with Beginner Question

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Constantinople, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just purchased the game and had a simple question. Sorry if its been asked before but I could not find it on the forums. I wanted to start playing as a Novakid, however, when I consulted the official wiki, it seemed that Novakids don't get their own race specific swords, hammers and melee weapons. Does this mean they can use the weapons of other races or are they restricted to using projectile weapons like arrows and guns. Do Novakids get to use advanced melee weapons? Thanks for the help.

2. Faeryheart

Faeryheart Weight of the Sky

I think they only get and only can craft guns. However, the weapons that you find in chests are usually better than the ones you can craft

3. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks.

Faeryheart likes this.
  4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I was going to say that there may be mods to give them melee weapons at the start, but I can't seem to find any. They might crop up at some point, but there's no saying when or if that would happen.

We generally discourage one-word posts, since they're classified as spam. I'd suggest keeping your posts to about a sentence, at least.