Hologram Projectors

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by asdfghjkl1234567890, Sep 16, 2013.

1. asdfghjkl1234567890

asdfghjkl1234567890 Big Damn Hero

I don't know if this has been posted before or if something similar is already planned for the game but, I think it would be neat if there were customizable hologram projectors. Like you could have it project various preset holograms or maybe project items(such as ores or weapons), npc's or mobs you've come across or even miniature versions of dungeons you've cleared or biomes/planets/systems you've come across. It would be a cool little decoration for some high tech base or house. :p

OneOnlyDan, pankakeman and Seviron like this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Clockwork

Clockwork Master Astronaut

4. asdfghjkl1234567890

I realize there are holograms in the game. Did you bother reading my post first?

5. mivader

mivader Pangalactic Porcupine

Clockwork, not to be an arse, but that update doesn't really confirm anything like this, and I don't think they have planned customizable holograms, from what I can tell the update is nothing like this post.

6. Clockwork

Clockwork Master Astronaut

From the way he worded his post I assumed he didn't know that holograms are in the game in one form or another.

7. asdfghjkl1234567890

Sorry if I worded it vaguely, I've been keeping up to date with all their daily progress reports. I thought I was being pretty specific.

8. Degraine

Degraine Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, that'd be a nice decoration.

I'd like to see holographic versions of artwork available as well (if the devs can figure out how to make it automagically parse standard art into different shades of one colour, great, otherwise, a secondary graphic for when it's a hologram?) for this setup as well.

9. asdfghjkl1234567890

Yea I don't think it would be too hard to implement and it would make for a really neat centerpiece for a war room or something :DD

10. Seviron

Seviron Void-Bound Voyager

I like this idea! I could see it being useful for organizing items in chests. Imagine being able to have a small hologram of what is being stored in said chest. It could also remain quite simple as you've said, letting you display an items inventory tile icon as a hologram. You could also use it as guides around your base, declaring what certain rooms are for etc.

pankakeman likes this.
  11. asdfghjkl1234567890

Ahh I was only thinking about the decorative possibilities I hadn't considered these utility usages neat.:DD

OneOnlyDan and pankakeman like this.
  12. pankakeman

pankakeman Starship Captain

I like the idea. It could also tie in with anything you might have forgotten, could be a way to keep track of things, journal wise, hologram journal.

Seeing as you can scan an enemy and learn what it is, you could be able to scan a very powerful enemy, or just an enemy you like, then have that enemy programmed into a hologram, and put on your shelf. Sort of like a trophy wall, but out of a holographic image. ^_^

13. asdfghjkl1234567890