How did you find Stardew Valley?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mrshrooms, May 23, 2013.

1. Mrshrooms

Mrshrooms Master Chief

I had a very lucky find with Stardew Valley. One day, I was browsing imgur and a picture came up, joking around about the scene with Sebastian at the beach. I found the game and proceeded to help greenlight this game. I cannot wait for the release.

Please share how you found this game.

Edit: 7 June 2013
    Well its great to see how a good amount of people have found Stardew Valley and I thought I would make it into a small Pie Chart

I think it is safe to say that with Greenlight this game was given its fame. Thanks for the responses people!

Edit: 13 June 2013
    Pie Chart was stupid. Greenlight wins, end of story.

RazoR2K likes this.
    • Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Tiy's twitter

• Darius Solarian

Darius Solarian Void-Bound Voyager

Saw it on PC Gamer. Strangely though at the time it was under the Free Games section?

-----Edit-----

Yep.. it was somehow under the Free Games section.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/12/stardew-valley-a-co-op-harvest-moon-with-marriage-monsters-randomly-generated-caves

Gotta say, after I saw the article, I came to the website, and pretty much was sold after everything being described. I'll be really glad to play this game with my wife, as I know how much she loves playing Harvest Moon style games.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Same here, actually. I saw it and I was like "Ohmygod Ohmygod Ohmygod Ohmygod "

Blackthorn likes this.
          • DatYandereGirl

DatYandereGirl Big Damn Hero

I believe on Greenlight.

• Saber Cherry

Saber Cherry Big Damn Hero

Hmm, I found it through Starbound, when Chucklefish added a subforum for it. When I saw this topic, I assumed that's what most people would say, but looks like I'm wrong.

• Cassie

Cassie Phantasmal Quasar

My Greenlight queue. c:
                I usually look over my queue before going through it for any games that spark my interest and boy, did this spark my interest.

• Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found the first day it was on green lit. Being an old Harvest Moon fan, I instantaneously voted yes.

• Stylµs

Stylµs Phantasmal Quasar

I'm sure I spotted this on Greenlight a while back.. but it was more than likely via Chucklefish's site. Glad this game has this level of backing. Looking forward to the end result. :)

• ShinyPants

ShinyPants Void-Bound Voyager

I found a thread on the Minecraft forums talking about this game and how awesome it looked, so I checked out the website.
                      I can't wait for it to come out!

• Markous

Markous Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was looking threw steam greenlight and found it. :)

• Mopy

Mopy Cosmic Narwhal

I actually found it because of the subforum as well. I can't believe I lucked out and discovered so many wonderful games at once waiting to be played.....err rather....I'm waiting to play them, but you know what I mean.

• Throndir

Throndir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found it on Greenlight.

• NoxiousRaven

NoxiousRaven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't remember.

• xCloud

xCloud Space Hobo

I was watching a Harvest Moon SNES let's play on YouTube, checked out the comments section and seen "If any of you are interested in a Harvest Moon Online game, checkout Stardew Valley." So I did, fell in love, and decided to go to a Harvest Moon Online video where some guy was creating one on like Byond or something, and posted the same thing just in case another person like me came around and read it.

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The Chucklefish forums. I moseyed on in the other day and realized that it was worth looking into. So, I looked at the Steam Greenlight page and promptly decided I was interested in playing it.

• Commandervulkan

Commandervulkan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Steam Greenlight.

• Skulmuk

Skulmuk Aquatic Astronaut

I found it whilst watching a StarBound trailer on YouTube. It appeared in the "Related Videos" bit (or whatever its called now), and the name intrigued me just enough to take a peek at it. Then it appeared on Greenlight :)

• Siloxis

Siloxis Big Damn Hero

By luck on steam greenlight :up:

• Mogg

Mogg Pangalactic Porcupine

Steam Greenlight where I find a lot of games and post a lot of strict comments on the tedium of thousands of fsp, racing and half thought out genres taken directly from someone else. A lot of rubbish hits Steam Greenlight. It is nice to see the rare few works that aren't just another "been there done that" quick buck sellout.