Feedback How Do You Rate This Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daikon Ocelot, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Well, Timespinner is pretty awesome game for me. I play this game quite a while. I follow its story and found many things interesting, and a few things disturbing...

I talk to the NPCs and found that they have a relation with another. For example, the soldier that we save from the baby bird has a relation with the wounded soldier from the cave, uneventually both of them are male, which is a bit disturbing for me. Another one, I read a message about the queen of Lachiem. I found that the queen was married to a princess. Both of them are female, right? I found it a bit weird. You know what I mean, right?

But beside all of that I also found something funny and creepy. Do you know the painting in the palace, right? It changes as soon as we walk away from it, leaving it off-screen. It change in to a dog, a bird, a man, etc. Hehehe... it is very hilarious and creepy at the same time.

I believe this kind of thread has been discussed out there.

• RokkumanX

RokkumanX Space Hobo

As a gamer who loves Metroidvania type games I rate this game very high and I realize this thread is from 2018 and it's been a good while since then.
      But it wasn't until earlier this year I discovered this holy grail GEM that Timespinner truly is.

As for the things you mentioned regarding homosexual characters and such, it really don't bother me that much.
      It may not have the deepest story but the gameplay is phenomenal, these kind of games is what I really need.

I have played quite a lot of 3rd party Metroidvania like games over the years since what I believe was the last good official one, Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia released in 2008 on the Nintendo DS.
      With Chasm being the most recent one I played, no games since 2008 have even come close to how good Timespinner is.

I do love Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night, but 2D Symphony of the Night like graphics is my cup of tea.