1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Huntress Buff.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cdogcdl, Jul 30, 2013.

?

Do you think the huntress could use a buff?

1. Yes.

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Maybe, it's kinda hard to use at times.

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. No.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. cdogcdl

cdogcdl Cosmic Narwhal

Whenever I play as the huntress and get into a boss battle this happens:
    1. I start out strong, using mostly the X and V on the boss.
    2. Minions start to spawn in the groups they normally do.
    3. Huntress cannot dispatch large groups of minions due to low damage of Z ability and low fire rates.
    4. I cannot hit the boss due to surrounding minions.
    5. Eventual death.

The point is, the huntress could need a better way to take out large groups.

My idea is for the basic "strafe" attack to pierce through at least 3 enemies. MAYBE it could do a bit more damage, but if it pierces then it may not matter as much.

I just find it difficult to handle levels at the beginning.
    Tell me what you think, keep out hate such as "Maybe you just suck at the game" and such, because I have gotten to the point to where there is so much money on the screen that it crashes the game.

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Yeah, I have noticed that while her attacks are above average in damage, but the low fire rate and low, low health and armor can really make it tough to succeed. some piercing on the basic attack may or may not be the answer, but I definitely think a change would be nice. That said, it is only the second day it's been out, so I really haven't played around with it enough to cement it 100%, but still.

cdogcdl likes this.
      • Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

I've had some good runs as the huntress, and I think that she has potential to be extremely strong, but as it is, she has definite problems dealing with big groups of enemies in a timely manner. My personal opinion is that the glaive is the skill to buff, if anything. It just doesn't feel like it has enough impact, especially once you get to the point where hitting five enemies for the amount of damage it does is just a drop in the ocean.

Ideally I think that giving it more of an area of effect component would help it out, but alternatively it could maybe be given some form of crowd control just to make it slightly easier to deal with those huge mobs over time. Or even giving it some crowd control and giving one of her other abilities additional damage or other effects if used against an enemy with some sort of crowd control effect on it.

cdogcdl likes this.
        • Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

I think giving her a slight movement/attack speed buff would be a good idea to balance her without making her extremely overpowered.

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had no specific troubles playing huntress at hardcore though. Yeah, it took some time to actually learn class, but I swear you: she's damn badass! There was only one concern: bugs with shooting imps. Everything else seems quite balanced for me.