1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for Debug Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AbeX300, Jul 26, 2013.

1. AbeX300

AbeX300 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do apologize if a thread like this does exist, but from what I've heard:

Of course, this is just an assumption, but I think it'd be pretty interesting to try to add in as many ways to tweak things, such as:

• Starting out with certain items (as said by Rawrquaza).
    • Changing the starting difficulty (ala being at Insane from the start), and possibly changing the rate it increases.
    • Whether or not certain items will drop, or if there will be no item drops at all. There should also be buttons that auto-(de)selects Tiers of weapons (Rawrquaza).
    • Changing the spawn rate of enemies, the chances of champion/elite versions, and the chances of a boss naturally spawning.
    • Starting gold/level/experience.
    • Debug Item: Developer's Brooch; works like the Captain's Brooch, but has a 1-second cooldown, and has a chance of spawning Tier 2/3 Chests. (Idea by Shrooblord, name by me.)
    (The list will be updated as we go on.)

This could also be a discussion for what oddity we can do with the Debug Mode, such as challenge runs.

An example of such a run would be starting off with x2 of every Tier 3 items and at Level 30, but at the same time, you can't get anymore drops, and the difficulty is at HAHAHAHA. So good luck surviving with what you have!

Rawrquaza likes this.
    • BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

That would be nice1

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe you should be able to have an item like the Captain's Brooch, except it has a cooldown of one second and may also spawn tier 2 and tier 3 (Golden) chests. This could be one of the ways of spawning in items for, er, 'testing'...

okok111 and AbeX300 like this.
        • AbeX300

That'd actually be really helpful to find the probability of what items are found more frequently in the three chests. Though, maybe it should also spawn the big containers, where it can open up Active Items?

Of course, maybe the chests should also be either cheap or cost nothing to open.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Oh yes, or you could just god-mode yourself 500 Life Savings. Whatever turns out to be funniest work best.

okok111 likes this.
            • Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

I would like to be able to have only items of a specified tier drop (eg this run the only items that drop are tier 1), or having the ability to "turn off" any items that you have collected (so I have a run that I want to only use the tier 1s that drop naturally, so I would turn off/remove the effect of any higher tier items that I happen to collect).

• AbeX300

That kinda ties in with the "disable certain items" idea, but it would make for a nice challenge of having to only get Tier 1 items!

Though, if it was six buttons that auto-selects/deselects tiers (Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Active, Boss Drops, and Special), that'd work.

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Disabling already picked up items would allow some additional flexibility in that the items would still drop with the same probability, making things a little more fair. Though it isn't too big a deal. :boo:

also i like how the "X3" in your name is a smiley when quoted

AbeX300 likes this.
                  • blorx

blorx Aquatic Astronaut

It's probably safe to assume that drones are going to be included in this mode, but I'd just like to add that the ability to change drone spawn rates and add drones as desired would be useful for this mode as well.

I say this mostly out of having to scum ridiculous amounts to even get two drones on the first level while attempting a drone only bandit run.