1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Jumper - Jumpstart your starbound player back to where you were!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Nicko21, Dec 10, 2013.

1. SaintPanda

SaintPanda Cosmic Narwhal

@ EVERYNE WHO WAS ASKING

This mod hasn't been updated for Offended Koala, as far as I know. If it Is, all you should have to do is extract all files into your mods folder in starbound (now comes default)
    AKA THIS MOD IS BROKEN UNTIL UPDATED

2. Oplet

Oplet Big Damn Hero

Is there any inventory editor out there?!

3. Seanshoots

Seanshoots Space Spelunker

I'm releasing an unofficial update of this mod for update 7 (Angry Koala). To install, just place the extracted folder in Starbound/Mods

When you make a new character you should see "Jumper Spawner" in your ship inventory, just place it like any other spawner.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32282632/jumper.zip

4. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

Tried the unofficial update. Placed Jumper folder inside Mods, started new character, and no spawner shows up.

EDIT: made another new character. This time it worked. I placed the spawner on my ship, beamed down, and then tried to beam back up. Except that I stayed on the planet. I was invisible and unable to move, but no matter how many times I press the beam up button, it won't beam up. A monster eventually killed me. I spawned back on the planet instead of the ship. So it's not working.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  5. whiskyjack

whiskyjack Void-Bound Voyager

you need to edit jumpermerchant.npctype and change

Code:
        "/monsters/sensors.lua",
        "/monsters/stateMachine.lua",
        "/monsters/util.lua",
        "/monsters/vec2.lua",
    to

Code:
        "/scripts/sensors.lua",
        "/scripts/stateMachine.lua",
        "/scripts/util.lua",
        "/scripts/vec2.lua",

6. DrunkViking

DrunkViking Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks, Just had to redownload the whole game again because of this shit, Now you might think "Oh it's not that hard to download a 2 GB game again", But let me tell you this: It is when you have 20kb download speed!

7. rigorousseven

rigorousseven Void-Bound Voyager

i got this error message after installing the unofficial patch, and i remove the jumper file from the mods and restored the game (i have not reinstalled starbound yet) error.jpg