1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Keyboard numbers are not working on French keyboard Mac OSX 10.10.5

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by enwin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. enwin

enwin Space Spelunker

Hi,

I'm using a french keyboard with my OSX 10.10.5 set up in english and I can't use the number keys to select the items in the inventory slot. I tried to remap them in the menu by typing the number again hoping it will get the correct mapping but I get the message that the key is already in use. For example for the 1st slot I retype "1" and the message appears. Remapping other keyboard keys works fine. To get the number printed with the french keyboard I have to use the keys “shift” + number key to get the number printed. I tried mapping and using it with the “shift“ key but it didn't work, didn't get lucky either when trying to type the key without the “shift” key pressed.

For more information, I'm using the “French” keyboard, not the “French - Numerical” nor the “French - PC”.

Thanks for the help!

• YocYoc

YocYoc Space Hobo

Hello,
      Same problem here. The only way to make everything works fine is to change the keyboard layout to US Keyboard each time I want to play the game. To help, you can add a keyboard shortcut for changing the keyboard layout while the game is already launched in fullscreen.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018