Race Lacerta

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Robotoh, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Robotoh

Robotoh Orbital Explorer

Lacerta Male.png

Humanoid Reptile
    Victorian England Style
    Steampunk Technology
    Racial Armor Bonus - Climate Control
    [50% Resistance to damage from Hot/Cold biomes]

Culture- Most Lacertas are obsessed with politeness and culture, so much so that they seldom ever leave their own homes. Their technology is centered around Steam due to climate control as a result of their lack of ability to regulate their own body temperature (Because they are cold blooded.) A small ground of Lacerta scientists believe they have fortold the Universal Apocalypse which will be brought on by a great Squid-Beast from another dimension. When they brought this to the attention of their political leaders, they were informed that this was not at all proper behavior and were ordered to cease and desist immediately or face banishment on account of extreme rudeness. They argued, "What good is politeness when facing mass destruction?" Their accent is very close to an English accent. Ranging from extremely posh to a very rough accent.
    [Hello m'lady. All is well, I assume? - E'llo mate! 'Ow'r yah t'day?]

Their equipment is generally covered in brass and pinstripes with goggles, top-hats and large audacious orchids on their heads. They generally use fire or electricity to attack and prefer the use of firearms. They are physically frail but can deal a large amount of damage with melee. Still due to their extremely high intellect and frail physique, they excel at combat from a distance and have a lot of energy.

Tier 1
    Greenish Brass
    Knife
    Shortsword
    Broadsword
    Axe
    Hammer
    Static Rifle

Tier 1 - Inventor
    Cracked Goggles
    Dented Brass Chestpiece
    Tattered Pinstripe Slacks
    ---
    Tier 10
    PhotoElectric Shiv
    Clockwork Shortsword
    Steaming Broadsword
    Heavy Friction Axe
    Engineer's Maul
    Nikola (Firearm)

Tier 10 - Steampunker
    Top Hat with Goggles
    Reinforced Brass Plated Vest
    ExoGear Greaves

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  2. Vocalier

Vocalier Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, don't mean to be that guy but giving a race both immunity to hot and cold temp would take out the main story like defeat the bosses to get better equipment like for instance you start the moon mine mission the scientist gives you the oxygen tech then you start the mission to take out the penguin ufo to get radiation protection. My point is that to get the last two ability's (heat & cold) resistance you have to kill 2 main bosses at the end/ you take that out because of a race it takes out the main goal of the game to progress.

Why I say that is because If you give the player such a boost in the game it will 1 sent the character to death because he/she is to weak to fight or even kill the enemies on the planets. 2 the ores on fire and cold biomes are so rare the character (possible newb) will get lost because he/she won't have the right crafting tables form completing the right quests.

3. Robotoh

Robotoh Orbital Explorer

I tweaked it.

Vocalier likes this.
  4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

OMG! That is very much like the Sallok race that I've been working on for quite a long time. Except that the Sallok look different from the lacerta and are different in quite a few ways. (My profile character is that of a Sallok before I finished the sprite. I keep forgetting to update it) If you would like, I could post an in depth description. (Though it is a bit lengthy...)

Robotoh likes this.
  5. Robotoh

Robotoh Orbital Explorer

Sure. Just tag me in the post and I'll tell you what I think. :)

6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

(note: i couldn't exactly include everything about this race as it would require several pages worth of content. So here is a brief description.):

History:
    The race itself is a fairly new one, achieving sentience only about 190,000 years ago. the planet, however, is larger than earth, and much older. by the time the race had reached a Neanderthaloid level, the planet had become almost 6 billon years old! At which point most of the planet was mostly covered in water, save for a few tropical continents (and two polar caps), The oceans of which are filled with many deadly creatures, willing to incorporate anyone into the lower tiers of their food web. Even the land had become very much overtaken and overgrown with deadly vegetation, lethal herbivores, and vicious carnivores. When the Sallok had popped in, they evolved to out-think the other predators rather than out-fight them.

Culture:
    The Sallok are a race based around tinkering and experimenting, smithing, cooking, exploring, trading and haggling, pirating and stealing, and especially dueling. their economy is much more based around straight up barter rather than using currency as credit. they do have something similar based around valuable stones, gems, and flowers. the main difference between this and most other currency systems is that the trade value for the items is based around personal want rather having pre-determined worth. as for classes, they don't really give a damn about how much stuff you have, only what you've done with it and what you plan on doing with what your getting. how to get things is rather simple, trade for it or get/make it yourself (which is exactly why theft and adventuring is so popular). on the topic of piracy, their rule is based on an honor system. if you attempt to pirate a ship stealthily steal something, then its yours as long as you can do it successfully. otherwise, you're required to surrender your own goods instead. if you die, well thats your own fault. you have to have paid a reformation fee in order to come back to life. normally in the form of delicious bovine flesh or something useful or pretty.

Understandings/skills:
    The Sallok tend to have excellent understanding about pneumatics, hydraulics, thermodynamics, engineering, mathematics, metallurgy, most craftsmanships (including but not limited to: smithing, metalworking, tinkering, ship making, leather working, and wood working), barter and haggling, piloting,
    pirating, stealth, and melee based combat. they also can be rather skilled mining, space travel, politics, and in making culinary delights. Though it is recommended to become an apprentice in order to learn most skills. Another thing is that most Sallok can specialize in only one or two things, and must have others do what they can't in order to achieve anything, thus forcing communities of Sallok to cooperate with each other in order to survive and expand their influence. They are rather unskilled in the art of using ranged weapons, though they can use a bow, crossbow, pneumatic cannon, or hydraulic sling to get some work done. unfortunately, most Sallok tend to be COMPLETELY inept at the following: electronics, computer science, doing any form of surgery on people without causing immense agony, firearms, advanced pyrotechnics, advanced biology, advanced chemistry, advanced physics, most forms of continuous or automated processing, botany, not arguing with apex, expanding civilization quickly (like humans), recognizing the fact that challenging someone to a duel is not the best after meeting someone new in most other cultures, multitasking (which, if you ask me, is essentially doing twice the work half as well anyway.), using any form of firearm or energy weapon proficiently, animal befriending, and realizing that piracy and theft is illegal everywhere else in the god damned universe.

Variants/ sub-species
    Since the race is so expansive, there are quite a few different sub-species each with their own defining features both skill wise and physically. (Though anyone can be anything they want if they set their mind to it) Here are a few of the more notable subspecies
    Preisacc: your standard anthropomorphic lizzard. Slightly shorter than a human with a mind for creativity. Often takes the role of tinkerer, engineer, or sneak-thief. They normally duel as a tresoen or jevilonoir.

Geituran: looks like a giant two legged alligator or crocodile. Due to their immense strength but lack of graceful fingers, their job is normally working at the forges and/or foundries. If not bringing their hammer down on an anvil or skull, they are generally doing heavy lifting for others or are working as miners or loggers. They tend to use a cennotian or Narnolluan style of dueling.

Ballioneq: semi-aquatic and pacifistic, Ballioneq are one of the few kinds of Sallok that dislike dueling and prefer to stick up beautiful decorations about and around the communities in which they dwell. They tend to be the creative type and are responsible for the more aesthetically pleasing architecture and decor that one may see among the streets and in the houses of Sallokian communities. Their normal
    career choices tend to be based around architecture

Shar: they look similar to the preisacc with the exception of their wider snout, shorter tail, and denser build, these cynical Sallok are much better acclimated to higher altitudes and are proficient in air trade and sky piracy due to their build. As fighters, they normally use a style like that of a shinsirian or csonotarian style.

Language: (yes, i went so far as to make an entire language for a race that I doubt anyone would care about. Don't question it)
    Appears to be a strange language that bears similar resemblance to remixed latin mixed with english. a few examples include:
    Celvi! Hello!
    Nononi! Can nun guang uat tthiri! Ict shrogodoccini velti! No! I am not going out there! It is very very cold!
    trev iuar gletoac it peret et qangnet! draw your sword and prepare to fight!
    thuc ect ell can vollong et tet. this is all i am willing to give.

Combat:
    There are many forms of fighting in Sallokian society. Almost all are based off of using blades of some sort and come from the various scattered but connected societies around the planet. Here are a few of the many styles used in dueling:

Cennoti: heavy armor, and massive sword. Recommended to fight using speed based tactics when fighting against one. Shields not recommended as massive sword will break your arm if you try to block.

Tresoen: heavy fabric cloak with armored vambraces and shin guards, wields one or two short-swords or daggers. Be very wary of their hit-and-run tactics. Shields are an excellent defense agains their attacks. Nets can be very useful for entangling tresoen, making them incredible vulnerable targets. Watch out for the cloak though, as it can easily wrap around your weapon and disarm you.

Jevilonoir: light armored vest, wielding one or two light javelins normally with two extra strapped to their back. Try to maintain your distance, but be aware of the fact that they can normally hurl a javelin with reliable accuracy and distance. If you get very close, then it will make the fight much harder as the rods the points are attached to tend to be rather ineffective for hitting things.

Narnollu: very heavy armor with a massive shield. Weapon tends to be a short pike, hammer, or other one handed weapon. This is a rather tough enemy to face against if you are a cennoti as Narnolli have to be strong enough to wield such a large shield with one arm. A good tactic to use is either using a net to tangle their sword arm, or dodging behind their shield reach to take a stab at one of the weak points in their armor.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Robotoh likes this.