1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Leveling Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Spiralz, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Spiralz

Spiralz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I don't really have much money and all so I couldn't buy the beta, but I've been playing the Demo a bit. When I was up at the HAHAHAHAHA difficulty and like 45 minutes, I was sad to have realized that my HP had maxed out at 1,500. I wasn't able to experiment much since I died, but is that the maximum HP that you can possibly get, or is it already level based? I think that it would be a good idea to have the maximum HP be higher than that for people who get upgrades to the item that gives you more max health with each kill. An idea of how to implement that would be to have it so that as a character levels, each character has its own unique amount of highest possible Max HP with each level, e.g. 1,000 at level 1, then add like 100 per level or something, possibly with an exponential curve for higher levels since the enemies get extremely strong in their groups and can deal 1500 damage to a level 16 Commando in 2 seconds.

• Event Horizon

Event Horizon Big Damn Hero

HP comes from Infusion as well. But I also think that the XP needed for leveling shouldn't get so high so fast. It's almost impossible to get past level 26-27. 2.1 billion XP from cheated cash got me from level 15 to level 40 (levels 38-40 taking up about 600mil or so). Given that you only get around 100k-2mil XP per level, you can see where this is going.