1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Lost Scythe (checked everywhere)

Discussion in 'Support' started by ktbc, Jun 25, 2018.

1. ktbc

ktbc Intergalactic Tourist

I am playing on the Switch. I think I lost my scythe in the mines when I passed out from health and Clint found me. I didn't notice for a few game days, until I went to use it and it wasn't there. I checked all of my chests and my fridge. It has been several game days and I haven't gotten it in the mail from Lewis, nor has it turned up by my bed. I have scoured the internet and it seems like this was a bug fixed back in 2016, and yet here I am.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Xyprus

Xyprus Space Hobo

Well you can also get the "House for a friend" from robin. It will be built immediately it's just 100G. Then once you have it go inside and check the drawers you'll have all the same farm items there. Once you get the scythe you can ask her to tear down the house again if you don't need it anymore.

• ktbc

Is this something available on the Switch? I'm not sure I've seen that option.

• Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Big Damn Hero

It's not, assuming they're referring to the cabins, which are a v1.3Beta feature. Upon doing a quick search and discovering that Tools apparently don't have item IDs, the most useful bit of information I can tell you is this: Lewis doesn't always notify you that your tool was returned. Sometimes it's simply on the floor of your bedroom and you have to walk near it to pick it up, like you would any other item. It can be on either side of your bed, so if your bedroom is cluttered and you always get up on the same side of the bed every morning, you might have missed it.

If that's not the case, then I don't really know what to tell you other than to check if it's a known bug for Switch users. If it's not then perhaps it's something for them to look into.

• ktbc

Nope, it's not by my bed, and the only mention of tools missing I've been able to find are from 2016, and was a bug that was fixed for a different platform.

Any idea how I could let the powers that be more directly about this issue? I'm a bit bummed to start a new file, but I'm also worried the same thing will happen again.

• Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Big Damn Hero

You can try here.