RELEASED Madeline's Recolors: Farmhouses, Barns, Coops, & More [Updated 10/23 - GREENHOUSE MATCHES!] for V1.1

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by madelinealex, Mar 15, 2016.

1. MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona Phantasmal Quasar

I'm having the same issue, just the house returning to default, I'm checking to see if simply re-installing it will fix or not.

EDIT: yup, simply re-installing the houses file worked fine

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    • unhappymango

unhappymango Intergalactic Tourist

Beautiful mod I love it<3 for some reason the max upgraded house doesn't seem to be skinned tho? Works for the initial and first upgrade but not for the last one ): (I'm using the spring with flower boxes btw if that's relevant)

EDIT: Didn't see the last post because I'm a dunderhead. I'll try re-installing the houses :rofl:

• brittpinkie

brittpinkie Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance of these being updated with the new buildings (windmill, shed, etc.)? So in love with the spring-inspired colors! :D

Naesaki likes this.
        • MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona Phantasmal Quasar

Seconding this, the windmill works well enough, but the shed's throwing off my planning.

brittpinkie likes this.
          • Koutetsu

Koutetsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really do hope that the author of this mod is still active. These are by far my favorite recolors and I would love to have the 1.1 buildings updated to match (and I'm still hoping for the greenhouse to be redone so it matches the darker wood :rofl:). It's a shame that I lack the skills necessary to edit these things myself :-(

• madelinealex

madelinealex Phantasmal Quasar

I'm back y'all! :D Getting back into Stardew after the 1.1 update. I'm getting the shed & mill recolors ready! Only 1 mill recolor to match the wood of all of the other sets. Sheds are all similar in style to the coops as far as coloring goes. Aaaaand I've finally got that summer inspired recolor coming too!

potatochair, brittpinkie and Koutetsu like this.
              • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Cool glade your back.

madelinealex likes this.
                • Koutetsu

WELCOME BACK!

madelinealex likes this.
                  • madelinealex

Thanks, you guys! :) Thread has been updated! Summer inspired recolors are out. Sheds are out for all sets & a mill recolor is out as well! For future reference I have no current plans to recolor the Junimo hut. I may recolor/retexture the Earth/Water Obelisks if there's any demand for that kind of thing but so far I like how they look magical. I don't personally use slime huts in my game and I'm not sure that my pixel art skills are up to the task of retexturing it. One day I may get around to it but I'm not sure how good I could make it look. Next up on my list is a winter inspired recolor! I want to try adding snow to the roof - we'll see if I can make it look decent. I'll definitely have two, possibly three versions: one regular, one with "Christmas" decorations, and one with a more simple seasonal decor (plain evergreen or wreath, etc.). I'm excited to be modding again! :D

miryuo, Koutetsu and Zalkyria like this.
                    • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Welcome back! I love how everything is coming out! I can't wait to see your winter set ^^

madelinealex likes this.
                      • Koutetsu

Thank you so much for updating this with the new buildings! the summer set looks awesome (though I'm still really partial to the tan/navy version with the indigo doormat). Can't thank you enough for these tbh, they're by far my favorite recolors.

I still think that it would be amazing if the greenhouse timber matched the darker woods of the other buildings. I'm sorry to ask, but do you think you'd possibly do this at some stage?

madelinealex likes this.
                        • madelinealex

You're very welcome, I'm flattered! :D Let me try my hand at it really quickly and see what I can come up with. I'll do your favorite version first.

• madelinealex

Alright y'all it is UP! All farmhouses now have greenhouses with the darker wood I use! I will no longer be creating recolors with the original greenhouse. If you'd like a version with the original, just let me know. I'll just PM you a link to download with the original greenhouse colors in tact as it's extremely easy to switch that out (literally just copy & pasting from the original .png).

Christmas-themed farmhouse & farm building recolors are also out! I wanted to do a muted red & green palette that wasn't too in-your-face and I think I achieved that. There is a version of the farmhouse without any decoration and one with evergreens/wreaths that you can normally purchase as furniture, too. FYI, these are NOT the winter inspired sets. I have a palette idea with an icy, muted blue and almost white siding in mind. That will come in the next few days.

If there are any issues with any recolors PLEASE let me know! I still can't test all of them before I upload so there may be issues I haven't been able to catch.

potatochair, brittpinkie and Koutetsu like this.
                            • Koutetsu

This is perfect :-D I am so happy right now, I literally can't thank you enough!!!

madelinealex likes this.
                              • brittpinkie

brittpinkie Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for the update, I'm in love with your recolors! Any chance of doing a slime hutch (sorry if you've already been asked this)?

• madelinealex

Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! :love:

Thank you! I haven't been able to play with the slime hutch as of yet. My pixel art really isn't all that great and it's gonna take quite a bit of work to get it looking how I want it to. I may do it some day but as I can't be sure I'll ever make a product good enough to release I can't promise it. I'm sorry :( It's definitely on my to-do list to at least try. Most likely I'll just do a wood version and leave it the same for every set similar to the way the mill is. I may change the door color to match, though. It really just depends on what style looks best.

• simdebster

simdebster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love your Spring Inspired set. I saw that you have a Christmas set. Any future plans of making the Spring Inspired set into a seasonal set to work with Entoarox's [SMAPI] Seasonal Buildings 1.3.0? I would absolutely love that.

If you did the seasonal decorations in layers (PhotoShop), then it would be easy to do all of your sets without much more effort.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
                                    • mugglessuck

mugglessuck Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello Madeline! I just found your mod and absolutely adore the blue/tan recolored buildings! I haven't ever made a mod before but I really wanted to have my craftables match the color scheme going on with the buildings themselves, so I'm trying my hand at it! Would you mind if I posted the recolors once I'm done (and if I actually succeed cause - noob)? I 100% drew inspiration from your recolors + palette so I figured I'd ask ♥
                                      Preview of what I have done so far:
                                      Preview.png
                                      Like I said, this is my FIRST time trying to recolor anything for the game, but I have previous graphics knowledge. If anyone has advice on the aesthetics, please let me know! Even if OP says I can't upload I'd still love them to look the best for my own use.

Update: I finished most of the craftables that I personally want recolored, here's an example:

craftablespreview.png craftablesvanilla.png
                                      List of items I recolored:
                                      scarecrow, lightning rod, beehouses, keg, furnace, preserves jar, cheese press, loom, oil maker, recycling machine, crystalarium, mayo machine, seed maker, tapper, tub o' flowers, and kiln.

Again this is just so Madeline can approve or disapprove me posting the mod, so I just wanted to include some examples of what I recolored. I will get shots of them in-game once I'm no longer in Winter :nurukappa:

Update #2:
                                      I finally got to Spring and made my farm somewhat decent to show the in-game images! Considering recoloring crab pots and one or two of the light sources, but I'm not sure yet...

BeeHousesKegsandRecycling.png CrystalariumsLightningRodsandPreservesJars.png FurnacesandMayoMachines.png Tappers.png

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
                                      • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I hate those default bee houses soo much.

mugglessuck likes this.
                                        • mugglessuck

mugglessuck Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I actually like them!! But the fact that they match nothing really bothers me :nuruconfused: