1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Main quest problems and aftermath...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Mr Brightside, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Mr Brightside

Mr Brightside Void-Bound Voyager

Let's start with me saying that I really enjoy this game, I completed the main quest, met with all important characters, defeated The Ruin and... and then what? That's what I'm talking about. The aftermath.

My biggest problem with it is that you don't really feel like you achieved something in the end. Yes, you defeated the GREATEST EVIL in the WHOLE universe. But noone really notices that, noone says, for example:"Now, when Ruin is gone and all races are united, we shall think about recreating the Protectorate, finding new home planet for humans, solving conflicts between races and establishing a secured peace over controlled star systems".Outpost didn't really change after quest, one female human scientist still keeps talking about how it's important to defeat the Ruin and how we need to do our best. The Ruin is ALREADY dead, human! Now stop talking and go help other refugees! Even this small detail kinda ruins the impression of the game.

And our outpost friends...After quest they become... kind of useless, actually and it just frustrates me. I wish we could ask them to join our crew or, I don't know, go on a hunt with Nuru or help Tonauac spread the Word of Kluex. I want to get emotionally attached to them, but even the final battle goes alone - it's just you (and some of your teammates from your ship) against the Ruin. Noone else decides to go with you on this literally suicidal mission and support you in this fight. After all, it's physically and mentally hard to join the battle against the destroyer of worlds, the Ruin itself. And after that, why not try to throw a party or something like that in honor of victory against main villain of life?

I just want to say that I'm sad by the fact that main quest simply doesn't give any impact on lives of people. Space pirates are still terrorizing planets, races are still divided by local conflicts and distance (except for our Outpost friends) and there's no actual union. Nobody knows about our victory and that world is finally safe. Nothing really has changed, just some guy/girl killed some tentacle monster with a size of a planet, not big deal. So yeah...

D.M.G., Shaggyd0g and Jonesy like this.