1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Maverick-Hunters MMX 11.0.3

Featuring Armors, Techs (Ride Armors, Zero- and X-"Modes") and Weapons of the MMX/Z/ZX games

1. ledbullet100

ledbullet100 Void-Bound Voyager

update: i just heard from one of bens friends he is making progress though he refused to say how much while im here crystan i do have a couple questions why did axl get remove and 2nd if ben fixes it can we expect an ultimate buster in the future

2. ledbullet100

update 2 the mod repairs are almost done it should only be a matter of days until everyone can get back to busting

3. tGMP

tGMP Void-Bound Voyager

great to hear. i wish em good fortune

4. ledbullet100

i am pleased to announce the mod repairs should be finished by thursday ben himself will upload the download link here

5. tGMP

tGMP Void-Bound Voyager

this'll be worth starting a new character for

6. ledbullet100

2 days away from relaunch of the mod i hope when its back up and running maybe just maybe and these are ideas crystan readds axl and perhaps adds sigma's forms not his giant forms and finishes up the busters and he could also give techs for the rest of the armors with the weapons from the games from which each armor came from for example the ultimate armor could have the x4 weapons

7. tGMP

tGMP Void-Bound Voyager

crystan is busy nuff as it is. think this port over to 1.4 will suffice

8. ledbullet100

which is is why i said ideas for the future when he's available i even got another one vile's armor as outfits only one day away

9. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

The lack of Axl's presence in the mod in any meaningful way is due to Crystan's personal dislike for the character. Can't say he's a favorite of mine either, but I don't exactly dislike him either. Don't expect him to be added.

10. ledbullet100

i see and what of my idea for the other armor techs like the ultimate armor with the x4 weapons and the rest of the busters

HOPE YOU HUNTERS ARE READY TODAY IS LAUNCH DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2020
  11. tGMP

tGMP Void-Bound Voyager

cool. will be worth starting all over

12. ledbullet100

ben and i are planning on adding techs for the armors like my earlier idea each armor will have the weapons from which game they came from

13. tGMP

tGMP Void-Bound Voyager

good luck

14. ledbullet100

GOD DAMNIT HE FUCKING TRICKED ME!!!!!! THE REPAIRS HE COMPLETELY ALTERED THE CODE AND MADE IT INTO A BEN 10 MOD GODDAMNIT THAT FUCKING BASTARD I CANT BELIEVE I WAS THAT DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK THE MOD IS EVEN MORE DAMAGED NOW!! WHY IS MY LUCK SO DAMN BAD!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2020
  15. tGMP

tGMP Void-Bound Voyager

welp, that's time i aint gettin back.

16. Zach9o9

Zach9o9 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Remind me, why did you bother trusting Ben if they go against their word and do things like this?

17. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

Y'know, there's this part of me that feels it was some sort of attention grab, and that nothing was actually done. Like... it feels like an "elaborate" setup for a punchline that wasn't even funny.

Well whatever it was, at least the costumes still work in the current version. I'd prod at the mod myself some more, but my own personal projects and activities have impeded me. Well that and my "partner in crime" has been bounced between projects himself.

18. tGMP

tGMP Void-Bound Voyager

im leaning towards the former.

i easily recreated the ride armor shown, using mod mech parts.
    Z-Saber is basically a lightsaber, so i have a mod installed for that, too (shame FU busted the Flip Slash animation, but them's the brakes).
    using augments is kind of like using enhancement chips from MMX 3, and using a mod allows for such on all armor slots.
    various weapons can recreate X's special weapons from throughout the series, like a flamethrower for Flame Mammoth's weapon, or an electrified lockjaw (Shellguard) for Wire Sponge's. sure, they aren't in buster form, but they work just fine.

tl;dr: you dont NEED a series of MMX weapons and vehicles to play like X or Zero in Starbound.

should this mod somehow be revived? wonderful! but right now, we have some great substitutions.

19. Zach9o9

Zach9o9 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Doing a bit of reverse-engineering based on other mods that are functional, I think I know how the weapons broke from the transition of pre-1.0 to 1.0

It seems weapons with animations have a specific "default.frames", and a "(weapon name).animation" detailing how the animations work.
    • For guns, the .animation files either tell the game if the gun is idly animated (The gun has parts that move without input) or actively animated (The gun's parts moves when using the gun).
    • For melee weapons, it depends on if the weapon is using the Violium Broadsword concept (The weapon's animations activate when swinging the weapon and retracts when idle for some time), or the"Empowerment" weapon ability (The weapon's alt-fire triggers a transformation animation).
      • If it's the Violium Brodsword variety, the weapon is split into 2 (optionally 3) pieces. The important pieces are the Handle piece, and the Blade piece. Instead of a "default.frames" file, this type of weapon has a "blade.frames" file that tell what frames to go through when in motion. The optional 3rd piece is a "FullBright" piece that, to my understanding, just adds extra flavor to the weapon.
      • If it's the Empowerment ability variety, the weapon is split into 2 major pieces: The Weapon, and the FullBright animation, each with about 4 stages to the animation. The Weapon remains in the base "Inactive" (stage 1) state, but when using the "Empowerment" ability, it cycles through the "FullBright" animation (stages 2-4) before being "Fully Empowered" (it stays at stage 4). It will then cycle backwards through the animations when you use the Alt Fire ability again (Starts at Stage 4, ends at Stage 1).

[I only go into depth about the Empowerment part for consistency. It's probably not needed for this mod altogether. Though if it could serve some use, then hey, I'm glad I went into it.]
    So, I wager that to make the weapons functional, one would need to add and/or modify files to ensure everything is reading properly. This does mean spriting, re-spriting, and reprogramming of the files to get everything to read properly, however, so it is a bit of an undertaking.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  20. tGMP

tGMP Void-Bound Voyager

at least a malfunction has been pinpointed. whether it'll actually be resolved or not has yet to be seen, but knowing a problem is a healthy first step. i appreciate you going thru the effort of trying to figure it out.