Modding Help Messing With Hair

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by GokentoPower, Dec 29, 2021.

1. GokentoPower

GokentoPower Big Damn Hero

Someone completely new to modding here, howdy.

The context here is that I have a weapon that essentially grants you a status effect, with added buffs and special abilities. You get faster, you can jump higher, you can do everything in it, and it includes in a funny aura spark with the addition of the weapon itself being a hair.

Yes, the weapon in this scenario is a hairstyle. I'm attempting to recreate something similar to a Super Saiyan, a buff item that when held should grant you powers at the cost of your energy per second.

There's just one issue, though, it's that I can't seem to find any specific method, way or even pointers to something that'd hide the Player's hair, similarly to how the nude status effect hides your armor. The hair is just something so weird, because I can't find anything that can seem to TOUCH it, except for masks. But that applies to helmets only, and I really don't want to give the player trouble to apply a head wig that drains their energy constantly, making it so you have to take it off and on everytime.

Leaving the issue there is silly, too, because the weapon is just overriding the original hair, and it looks stupid.

So is there any specific lua string that'd make the hair turn invisible when the status effect is applied?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021