Mob: Erchius Ghost

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Werekitty39501, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Werekitty39501

Werekitty39501 Pangalactic Porcupine

I would, humbly, suggest that you get rid of this annoying mob. All it does is make it much harder to get fuel, and there's no, real, reason for that. I don't understand why you included this to make it really blasted annoying to gather fuel for your ship.

2. StarboundEth

StarboundEth Tentacle Wrangler

They did it so it is challenging to get fuel because if it wasn't you could travel to a lot more planets and gear up better and also probably because their is no mob on the moon.

3. Werekitty39501

Werekitty39501 Pangalactic Porcupine

The meteor showers, steep drops, and lack of atmosphere isn't enough risk? Never mind having to mine the stuff in the first place. The ghost is nothing more than a bullshit risk to make it freaking hard.

And what's wrong with traveling to more planets? That lets you explore more, find more things, get more furniture for your eventual colonies, and meet all sorts of different people throughout the universe.

Isn't that what Starbound is about?

4. IxFa

IxFa Pangalactic Porcupine

The erchius ghost is so incredibly easy to avoid that I never even considered the idea someone would be upset about it.
    The lack of atmosphere isn't a risk because you get the breathing EPP really fast
    The steep drops aren't a risk because you have air dash and it's so low gravity that I don't even know if you CAN take damage there.

And the ghost won't spawn until you have fuel in your inventory, so it's easy to dig an escape route. Tip: Dig out the background so you have a teleport available as low down underground as possible!
    Go digging for fuel just once and you'll be set on exploration for quite a while. Once you get to end-game, you'll get manipulator modules fast enough that a full upgrade to 5x5 mining size is easy, so you can get tons of liquid fuel in seconds and the mining speed is likely high enough to make really quick work of the moon dust and rocks. You can dig in, get 1000 fuel in a couple minutes, and dig out too fast for the ghost to get near.

As expected, accessing everything in the game is much easier with upgrades items. Who knew.

If the ghost is still a bother, just mod it out.