Mob Monster vs Monster

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Lentholium, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Lentholium

Lentholium Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A minor suggestion, more to add a little bit of extra flavor.

I would like to see monsters that attack each other- for instance, one that would normally aggro the player 'hunting' a passive mob instead. Mind, not frequently, but just enough to add a little spice. After all, wouldn't these worlds have food chains?

2. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

This is not a bad idea.

3. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, I'd like this. And maybe if you drop some meat near a carnivore it would leave you alone.

Koyomi likes this.
  4. Rhaegar

Rhaegar Subatomic Cosmonaut

I support your idea, my good friend, if only because per chance you'll no longer slaughter every animal we come across in our journeys together. :p

ChaoticGamer and Lentholium like this.
  5. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

you take the words right out my mouth, even thou I thought someone suggested but turns out I was wrong, which I check the forum that I thought it was there but it wasn't. So yea...I want see monster fighting each other at lest so I can slowly walks away.

6. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

I'm gonna bring this thread back up to add my two cents in this.

Considering the re-vamp of the combat system, this suggestion has become more and more of a likely want.

Not only do I agree that this should happen because of said primal instinct, but also, you could possibly make an in-fight happen by dodging a monster's attack and having it attack another monster by accident. But if they're the same species, chances of that happening are low, and you'll have an extra danger on your hands instead.

The possibilities, man!