more to do with erchius horrors

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Kaede Grimwater, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

*tap tap* is this thing on? it is? goodie! :3 i have a suggestion, howsabouts more quests involving the erchius horrors and their fleshy zombie mutant minion thingy ma bobs, maybe even a small little side story. like are there more horrors, what if that one was just a baby horror, what about biomes or dungeons with erchius horrors and fleshy zombie mutant thingy ma jiggys. i rather enjoyed the erchius horror mission it felt like i was playing space resident evil, it also felt like it was leading up to something.
    *thinks a minute* WHAT IF IT IS! what if the devs are reading my mind right now! what if the erchius horror is reading my mind right now! what if the devs are the erchius horror! *runs off*

Ludovic likes this.
  2. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Thinking about it... the Erchius horror was found on a lunar mining outpost.

What if some moons could spawn with a variant of the Erchius mining horror which a player could accidently stumble upon and fight while digging?

Those could be variant whose "shell" isn't as hard or developped than the one we met on the lunar outpost, and thus could be damaged with conventional weapons instead of the mining laser we used in that bossfight. However they could use a similar attack pattern.

It could make for quite the surprise while exploring an otherwise perfectly safe-looking moon!

3. TrevorH7441

TrevorH7441 Big Damn Hero

Or various classes of erchius horrors...
    Could be the crystal monstrosity or it could be more monstrous creatures that have been affected by the erchius crystals, dramatically making them more corrupt, and much more dangerous than before. It could also be possible to have erchius horrors become more humanoid in some forms. It is entirely possible that it doesn't have to be a crystalline eye all the time.

4. Kaede Grimwater

good idea

5. TrevorH7441

6. TrevorH7441

I actually drew a serpent infused with erchius a couple hours ago on paper; just going to try and figure out how to upload it on here without making it look strange. The struggle from transferring artwork from paper to screen.[DOUBLEPOST=1441267996][/DOUBLEPOST]It looks a little strange, but it works. The eye of the serpent would be a glowing red color similar to the eye of the Erchius Horror, and the dark lines you see going though the long torso of the serpent is the essence of Erchius, which would emit a ominous violet. The Serpent is partly out of the area you are in, separating it as the head and the tail. Each part has their own health bar though. The tail fights close range while the head is mainly long range, spitting balls of fire and breathing poison breath. Now, if the tail is defeated, it is temporarily immobile, but will act once again after a period of time. If the head is defeated, the whole creature dies, but the tail will do its best to keep you away from the head while hurting you in the process. Erchius Serpent.png [DOUBLEPOST=1441268093][/DOUBLEPOST]I was thinking of making the scales of the beast a dark obsidian color as well, which would work perfectly with the hues of red and violet used on the rest of the beast.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  7. Kaede Grimwater

that is quite a nice drawing

8. TrevorH7441

Thanks, I may draw more later.

9. TrevorH7441

Eye of Erchius.jpg

I understand this one is a bit less detailed, but hear me out. What happens with this one is a bit more camouflaged. The eye starts off closed and faded into the background as the hands are palms-down on the floor. As the player approaches it though, the eye opens and enters the front of the stage. The hands will also raise up and take form. The Eye will project beams of energy similar to the Erchius Horror in the Mining Facility, but it will be able to be damaged by a weapon. The hands will change shape according to the attack they are preparing for. They can smack players back (which is what the hands here are in position for in the image), they can slam themselves on top of the player (deals damage to themselves for doing so), and punch the enemy which will damage not only the player's health, but their energy as well. The hands can move, but the eye stays in place. The hands have to be defeated via matter manipulator or by slaying the eye. The eye will regenerate as long as the hands are alive though. Upon the defeat of the eye, it will drop its loot and reveal a switch in the background which opens a room with its boss loot.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Biirdy Daysleeper likes this.
  10. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

He looks like Andross from Starfox or Gordon from Wind Waker. Or even like Gorg, a member of my lab. :D
    Seriously, great job. ^w^

11. TrevorH7441

I haven't seen many actually play this rpg, but he reminds me a bit of the Protector in Golden Sun.