Modding Help need help with horse replacer mod!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LuckyLeafeon, Dec 13, 2019.

1. LuckyLeafeon

LuckyLeafeon Aquatic Astronaut

Before we start, I'm still very very new to modding, so if you can, please keep things as simple as possible!
    Okay so I've got my sprite sheet all set out and my sprites all made, this is an ingame issue I'm trying to fix. I'm trying to replace the horse with a vintage 1930s Bentley. Because it's a car and not a horse, I'd like to make it so that the player sprite, when riding it, doesn't bob up and down, but instead stays in place along with the car. Is there a way to accomplish this?
    In addition, I'd like to make the Bentley logo be the icon that displays in the inventory, rather than the horse head. However, I've been searching for hours and I can't find the horse icon in the game's files. Would anyone know where this would be?
    Thank you in advance!!

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I am not sure if it's possible to prevent the farmer from bouncing. It might be a hard-coded animation much like how the machines pulse when they're in use. As for where the horse icon is, it's in the Cursors.xnb.

• LuckyLeafeon

ahh wonderfull! I've been searching FOREVER for that icon, ugh.
        Would anyone else happen to know if it's possible to stop the farmer bouncing when riding a horse?

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe check the farmer_base files to see if it's animated in there or if it's in code.

• LuckyLeafeon

I checked the farmer_base sprite sheet, and unfortunately it's not animated there, so I'm assuming it must be in the code. Unfortunately I'm very new to this and know very little about code, so I'm not sure how I'd go about changing it. Would anyone know of any tutorials that could help me with this issue?