Modding Help Need to make "head.png remove" effect.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by liopi, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. liopi

liopi Pangalactic Porcupine

2. Antyrus

Antyrus Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm pretty sure that's just a hat. The bloodstain is the hat's sprite, the mask file hides the head, the spurting blood is a particle effect.

3. liopi

You damn right. but how to make mask file which can hide the head?

4. Antyrus

It's pretty common with hats that need to hide certain parts(or all) of the head. I believe it's called mask.png, if you dig around in the vanilla headgear you'll be able to find one in use.
    If I remember correctly, you'll need to have mask.png image 100% transparent in order to erase the head, because for some reason solid colors are where the head will show.

5. liopi

100% transparent erase the hair. head.png remains unchanged.

6. Antyrus

Well, I guess I was wrong. I don't think I can help you.

7. liopi

Thank you for attention.

I'm still waiting help.

8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Consider asking the person who posted that? If not how to do it, just ask where to get whatever it is they have. You could then examine to see what they did.

9. liopi

he ignor me.

10. geckobud

geckobud Master Chief

If you're looking for an in-game example, froggmerchant.head hides the entire head, including hair. It seems that it uses a mask as well as having "hideBody" set to true. I would basically copy this item (found under items/armors/biome/swamp/froggmerchant) and instead of a blank file for head.png, put in whatever you want.

Antyrus likes this.
  11. Antyrus

That's a really nice find, but it hides the ENTIRE BODY instead of just the head, so if you want to show any part of the base body you're kinda out of luck. Works perfectly if you're 100% armored, tho. Also, this DOES allow for super unique costumes since you can go totally off model.