1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

no friend is invited to the team

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Vinarex, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Vinarex

Vinarex Void-Bound Voyager

My friend and I can't invite each other to the team. In this case, I can play with my other friend, this does not happen: we play quietly in the team, and in the same way these two people can not invite each other to the team. We all reinstalled the game and checked the integrity of the cache. This doesn't happen in an unstable version, and it's only a problem for one of us.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

If you want all to be in a party you all need to be invited by the party leader. Also are you using any mods that you dont use in the unstable version?

3. Vinarex

yep, we use the same modifications, but this has not happened before. the meaning does not change who invites everyone to the team - we cannot invite one player, and this one only player cannot invite any of us to the team. it’s just that when we try to invite him, nothing happens: we enter his nickname and click “invite”, but nothing happens, and vice versa it does not work if he tries to invite us.

4. Iris Blanche

Do you experience the exact same behaviour with this player with another nickname?

5. Vinarex

yep, this problem persists even if we change characters. we also tried deleting mods, but it didn't help either.

6. Iris Blanche

Can you provide the log of the player who can't invite after he tried to? Maybe the log shows some clarification on this issue.

7. Vinarex

where can I find this log?

8. Iris Blanche

The log files are located in the storage folder. The log might appear as only "starbound" and is always the log from the latest session.

9. Vinarex

its look like this in my case?

Attached Files:

10. Iris Blanche

Yup. The file "starbound" is the log i need from the player affected by this issue after trying to invite someone.

11. Vinarex

so I can reset my log? my friend is a little busy right now and can't get distracted. if so, I don't know how to send it, since the file has a special permission - " file 5"

12. Iris Blanche

The files .1 to .5 are backups from previous sessions which i dont need. I need the "starbound.log" file which appears as only "starbound". Your friend can send you the file and you upload it here so i can check if there is any additional data on why it fails.

13. Vinarex

here, this is the log of my friend who can't get attached to anyone

Attached Files:

14. Iris Blanche

Please try it again without the questionable mods in the mods folder. A lot of issues were caused by these mods in the past.
    Also you could try to connect via IP and not directly via Steam to each other.

15. Vinarex

deleting mods won't help - we've done this several times already. now we are trying to connect via IP

m-hmm... we deleted all mods, connected via IP, but still couldn't invite each other. at the same time, we could see each other at the Outpost or somewhere else. it's just that none of us get an invitation.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2020