Orchards?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cardbo, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Cardbo

Cardbo Phantasmal Quasar

It seems obviouse, but I don't think I've seen it mentioned. Are there going to be fruit trees? Also, can we plant trees in general?

• Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

I would die a little on the inside if we couldn't.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I think there'll be fruit trees. Maybe not initially.

• Cardbo

Cardbo Phantasmal Quasar

I remember playing HM:AWL and making all my money from S-Ranked Hybrid Fruit Trees, so I've got some fond memories.

• Kisox

Kisox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

at least you will be able to collect wild berries etc...so i think there will be some fruit trees. but im not sure if you will be able to build your own orchard with these or if they will be just random on the world

• caskett

caskett Pangalactic Porcupine

There will probably be fruit trees and bushes.

• Barami

Barami Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope so. I hate watering regular crops or having to ship X of one thing to unlock a new gameplay mechanic. Trees practically take care of themselves (minus fertilizing).

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I dunno, I kinda like that. Just as long as there's also a side-way to unlock it. For example, in Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, you could unlock Jersey Cows in fall of year 2, or after 3 cows were born. So, you'd get it unlocked either way, just with a different way to do it other than X.

• djchrisblue

djchrisblue Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, I agree. Like in Super Mario Kart Wii, you could unlock tracks/drivers/karts by beating certain goals, or playing a certain number of races. Multiple ways to unlock something makes it accessible to a wider audience.

peace

• Cassie

Cassie Phantasmal Quasar

Most defiantly~ I think that's a basic farming need. I think there were fruit trees in the trailer, weren't there? At least the beginning stages of them~
                      It'd be nice if they were unlocked or something, like you guys are mentioning. That could set us up with some goals and also give most people something to do so they aren't running around like "ahmagawd, what now"
                      c: