1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Parcel quest issue

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Reaper8U, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Reaper8U

Reaper8U Void-Bound Voyager

This is something that has happened to me a few times. If you do 2 or more quests that are similar, there is a chance you might not be able to complete one of them. So I went and got 2 Parcels for 2 different NPCs named Nochtli and Tlihua. Came back to the village where they were, and here is the problem. In my inventory, Nochtli's Parcel was in the spot just before Tlihua (just left of it), and I went to turn in my quest to Tlihua first as it was the first one I met again in the village of them. That worked fine, except one thing. It took Nochtli's Parcel, and now I can't complete Nochtli's quest with Tlihua's Parcel.

I think it works like this. When you come to turn in a quest that requires an item, the game checks the inventory if you have that item. If you do, it takes the first of that item, but when it comes to the Parcels, in checks the name of who the Parcel belongs to, but when it grabs a Parcel, it takes the first one of them in the inventory.

2. ProfMoebius

ProfMoebius Space Penguin Leader

Ah, so this must have been the reason. Yeah ive encountered unsolveable npc quest too.

3. Reaper8U

Reaper8U Void-Bound Voyager

I was unsure the first few times why it didn't work, but then I noticed I had the Parcel of the NPC I just completed the mission of still, but not the one I was trying to solve. And I got it confirmed when I tried another quest. So to not let this happen again, make sure you have the right parcel first in the order you want to solve the quests.