Race Rencontrer les Gemétoile! [Updated 11/20]

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Ghostar, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

[Content Removed]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Kellins, Seajun_, Boneslord and 131 others like this.
  2. Yes to plague doctor masks

3. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Woot Living Crystals!

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  4. Patchumz

Patchumz Pangalactic Porcupine

Fancy fancy! Looks very well done :).

5. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Phantasmal Quasar

Gothic style. ♥ It could just be me, but relative to the other races, these seem just a bit similar to the Novakid. Though, more shine might help. Aside from that, I love the concept of a race devoted to this sort of style.

Also, more support for the plague doctor mask. Yes, that is nice. Oh so very nice.

Xenalith and Model QT-377665 like this.
  6. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

Very much liking.

7. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

I love them their very pretty i hope we get to see more of this race in the future.

8. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Actually Ayumi is working on clothing as we speak! (and I am working to try and sprite their architecture as well as some weapons)

9. Silverduke1

Thats awesome im looking forward to it.

Model QT-377665 and Ghostar like this.
  10. Zoltanox

Zoltanox Void-Bound Voyager

Thats a very cool race of people these gemétoile, i hope to bump into them when the game is released, and i better bring som pixel if they are master craftsmen then i better buy some stuff :proper:

Ghostar likes this.
  11. psychotwo

psychotwo Void-Bound Voyager

That is really cool. Needs to be added.

12. Seiga

Seiga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

13. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

We totally need a chef hat now.

14. TenaciousTinkerer

TenaciousTinkerer Cosmic Narwhal

Pretty awesome idea here ghost. Very very interesting with all the ideas behind this race.

Ghostar likes this.
  15. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

Let's be honest, this was just an excuse to get the french made outfit into the game. :p
    No really, I like that race concept and it would add another pretty nice culture into the game.

Here is what I would add to them. Of course they are an alien race living very far away from earth so nothing force you to make them like that, this is all nothing but ideas.
    You need to add musketeer clothes and hat. A rapiere would probably be fitting for the race weapon with obviously a musket looking gun if you change your mind about the ranged weaponn thing.
    On the side of the social structure, I could see them being a very hierarchized bunch separating into lower class, artisans, merchant, noble and royalty altough the artisan class would probably be mixed right into the noble one given how crafting seems to be a big part of their culture. Furthermore, they would probably separate themselves into family clans all striving for more power and favour from the royal family.

Edit: actually, to make them stand appart aven more from the glitch, you might delete the idea of a king completly and have them ruled by a dominant family voted on by a regroupement of all the bigger ones. This would make for an even more cut-throat culture tough since they could all aim for power.

16. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Hey ghost I'm wondering if they leave their home world can they use rare gems on different planets to regenerate themselves and reproduce?

Model QT-377665 and Ghostar like this.
  17. Silverduke1

thats quite a good question

18. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

They can use any gemstone they come across, its mostly used for healing reasons for example if they lost an arm. How it works is, they carve the gemstone into the shape they want in this case an arm. They would then on a sling and cast (like any normal human) with the carved arm and the part of their body they are attaching it too and slowly the fibers would grow out and dig into the gemstone and make this new arm a part of their body.

^This is the kind of posts I wanna see! Honestly I was thinking about a "royalty" thing but that really would make them like the glitch, I've already hinted at a "noble family" in the opening post with the rock like Gemmies (which would still be made of the Elder Stone) and I do like the idea of them being the ones who are incharge. I also played around with an idea of a forgers union of sorts and having them be the ones in charge, so the topic is still WIP. But I've been working on this race for quite sometime and wanted to finally get a post out on them.

Model QT-377665 and Tojo like this.
  19. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

On the idea of like some kind of hierarchy. You have the guilds system. Like the metalworkers, jewelers, textile, the guilds can have the hierarchy system with guild masters, master smiths, journeymen, and apprentices. Of course guilds were often corrupt so that could contribute to why the player character leaves.

PabloM and Ghostar like this.
  20. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

That is something I was thinking too actually, it gives a legit excuse for the player character to kick in.