1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RPG Growth 1.92

Adds RPG-like growth (stat points and classes) to Starbound

1. Miketheweird

Miketheweird Intergalactic Tourist

Is there any place I can download the full mod that isn't steam workshop? Current download on here seems to only be a patch, and not the full mod.

2. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora Pangalactic Porcupine

It is the full mod. I suppose I should label them updates rather than patches, but I prefer 'patch' for small changes, like an error or bug fix.

3. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

So.... I'm not sure what caused this to happen, but at some point I somehow lost my elemental affinity and had to select a new one. It happened right around when I got the 3rd tier weapon for Wizard. I'm not sure if that caused it or not, but that's around when it happened. When I picked my affinity again (Ice), it also gave the stat bonus associated with it a second time.

Also thanks, I found Quickbar Mini. o/

4. ThornyFlora

5. SubmarineKnight

SubmarineKnight Starship Captain

Hello, a question about the stat; the stat distribution of the class - are they one time only or per level? I am thinking of using the mod but don't want to raise too much stat for balancing or limiting movement speed - but still want to play the classes' unique benefit. Is that possible?

6. ThornyFlora

As long as you don't actively increase your stats, you will only get the initial distribution and that's it.

7. DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

Hi, I seem to see some left over pixels that didn't seem to be cleared, unless this is part of the weapon, it doesn't visually seem right
    [​IMG]

I circled(red) it, its the Knights Class sword Stage II

8. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

I noticed something rather odd, when trying to play soldier with the classic mode activated. For some reason my florans fire resistance dropped another 20% with classic mode activated, as if fire resistance was somehow tied to status resistance. Is that right? It's not listed as an official penalty under the classic mode for soldier.

Also, when will mechanist specialization get released? I notice the document only lists a few of the specializations.

Lastly, is the mastery feature available to those who don't wish to use classic mode?

9. ThornyFlora

Thanks. I have fixed it locally, so every stray pixel will be removed when I finally upload the new version.

DraLUSAD likes this.
  10. ThornyFlora

Fire Resistance is part of Status Resistance, which includes Electric, Poison, Ice, and Fire Resistances.
    Mechanist may take a while, since I am currently working on some other specs.
    Mastery can be used regardless of whether Classic Mode is enabled. Classic Mode is simply for those who want a bit more of a challenge, and it normally does not prevent you from using other features of the mod.

11. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

There seems to be bug when using this mod with Colonial Nutty's CN Survivalist mod. With the RPG Growth it allows you to kill hostile humanoid NPCs in one hit no matter what. Here's the logs. https://pastebin.com/JFFJZVuM

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  12. ThornyFlora

I think I
    I think I know what the issue is, but there's no telling if my fix worked. When I post the next patch, let me know (could be a while).

13. tigerfestival

Alrighty good to know. I informed the author Colonial Nutty about this and he says he'll see what he can do on his end.

14. tigerfestival

Colonal Nutty fixed the issue with an update. Looks like you're Scott Free.

15. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora updated RPG Growth with a new update entry:

Minor Update 1.41a

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Hey, how exactly are you supposed to get the Kunoichi spec? I have an agility of 34 and have been killing a whole bunch of enemies with both a whip (prismatic whip from FU) and the Shadow Aether on varying types of worlds (lush, infernus, missions) but I'm not seeing any changes. It says "18.78/1000" in the box, but it doesn't seem to go up.

17. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Edit: Seems like killing with regular knives do make it go up. This makes the instruction text very misleading.

18. ThornyFlora

Yea, am aware. Newest update (1.41b) on Steam fixes this. Will push to Chucklefish after eating dinner. I forgot that Whips and Blood Aether don't have 'whip' or 'shuriken' in their damage kinds. Text now specifies Daggers, Shurikens, Kunai, and Warfans, and unlock can be made with Blood Aether.

19. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora updated RPG Growth with a new update entry:

Patch 1.41b

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

Love this mod - and as i write this i'm actually unsure on weather i wrote a quick little review of this mod or not... but i feel i should... i love this mod!

Been messing with the idea of modding this mod to merge all classes into just 1 class - just as an experiment - and do the same with the affinity...
    But i doubt I'd figure out how to even do that in the first place. But the idea appeals to me :D

Now i can guess that you people would say: "That's what mastery is for" to which i would partially agree.
    But then again, some of the quests and other such things would be missed out on and not be able to activated unless one went to do each quests per class.

It's certainly a mod with a heck load of possibilities, taking Starbound to another level.
    FU and RPG Growth seems to work great to gather from where I sit, haven't run into any problems thus far. They seem to compliment each other perfectly well.