1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Schedule pathing tried to find a warp point that doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Support' started by MN_Maenad, Dec 8, 2019.

1. MN_Maenad

MN_Maenad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When I exit SDV, I almost always "exit to desktop". However today I did an "exit to title", and now I can't start the game. I'm getting an error with the game and SMAPI that says "schedule pathing tried to find a warp point that doesn't exist". If it matters, I had decided to re-do the Luau day after putting Lewis's shorts in the soup and not liking the "interesting response". I exited when I returned to my house at 10 PM.

My SMAPI log is here: https://smapi.io/log/49e03ee9d9094645937c87d5dc816ee0

I've tried the Windows solution (power off and on), and was about to try reloading SMAPI, but I wanted to see if anyone has an idea of what's going on.

The errors that pop up are:
    16:42:54 ERROR game System.Exception: schedule pathing tried to find a warp point that doesn't exist. at StardewValley.NPC.pathfindToNextScheduleLocation(String startingLocation, Int32 startingX, Int32 startingY, String endingLocation, Int32 endingX, Int32 endingY, Int32 finalFacingDirection, String endBehavior, String endMessage) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 4067 at StardewValley.NPC.parseMasterSchedule(String rawData) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 4306 at StardewValley.NPC.getSchedule(Int32 dayOfMonth) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 4513 at StardewValley.NPC.reloadSprite() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 662 at loadDataToLocations_Patch1(List`1 gamelocations) at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c.<getLoadEnumerator>b__68_3() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1347 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

16:42:54 ERROR SMAPI An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.Exception: schedule pathing tried to find a warp point that doesn't exist. at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__68.MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1361 at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )

• MN_Maenad

After futzing around for a while, I grabbed the "old" save and was able to open it. I lost a day, but was able to play through just fine, so crisis averted. If anyone knows what this error was I'd still love to hear about it, so I could maybe avoid it in the future, but I'm no longer crying in front of my computer unable to woo the bachelors and bachelorettes of Pelican Town. <3

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks like it might have just failed in loading for some reason, I don't see anything specific in there.

• MN_Maenad

Thanks for checking!