RELEASED [SMAPI 1.5] CJB Automation v1.4 Beta [01-Jan-2017]

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by CJB, Mar 29, 2016.

1. CJB

CJB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please keep in mind that Stardew Valley 1.07 has been result and that the mod hasn't been tested yet for that version. The input needed for Charcoal Kiln will be fixed in the next update.

• leonov2010

leonov2010 Void-Bound Voyager

• Vajura

Vajura Void-Bound Voyager

Do you think that anything but charcoal kiln is broken?

• kkaracho

kkaracho Void-Bound Voyager

just started playing with 1.07 and everything seems to be perfectly fine for me

EDIT: btw how does the barn/coop work? just place a chest next to the building?

• Vajura

Vajura Void-Bound Voyager

I dont think it works with barn/coop

• kkaracho

then what does this mean? :p

• leonov2010

leonov2010 Void-Bound Voyager

It means machines placed inside barn/coop can work properly with chests now (didn't work before)

• kkaracho

ahhhh ok that makes sense ... i guess ;)

• Umeneko

Umeneko Void-Bound Voyager

Does it not work in the greenhouse? Seedmaker at least does not, I couldn't test the kegs and pickle/jam things.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, wow. The 'recipes' are coded into the mod? I thought it would pull the recipes from the game, so there'd be no need to update the mod every time a recipe changes
                    Isn't there a way to do that? It would save everyone a lot of trouble and it'd reduce the chance of discrepancies and other errors with the recipes

• SeleneLanthan

SeleneLanthan Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice mod. Sadly (in my case at least) it makes the game crash when a chest is placed nearby a seedmaker.. :( Tested multiple times.

• CJB

CJB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This happend to someone else as well and had extended/more crops mod installed.

SeleneLanthan likes this.
                        • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

No answer for me, huh? :(

• SeleneLanthan

SeleneLanthan Void-Bound Voyager

Uh.. good you say that CJB. Thanks. I also have the more crops mod installed. With the latter one i already had some problems with unknown seeds. Perhaps i should (at least for now) remove the more crop mod. I will test that and will check if I still get crashs with the seedmaker...

Edit:
                            Yey, You were right! Now it works fine. No crashs anymore and the product of the seedmaker get placed in the chest. Thanks again for your fast response.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
                            • Don Leo

Don Leo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had a few more CTDs that I think are due to some conflict between smartmod and automation. I had a CTD when I used smartmod to take out all items from a chest at once. I can't get it to happen again so may be something else. This time it was a chest for my furnaces and a seedmaker chest. I'll keep poking at it.

• CJB

CJB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Impossible to do as the recipes of the vanilla game are also hardcoded in the game.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

If anything, that would imply it's all the more possible to read them somewhere in the game, right?

EDIT: Err, that sounded a bit argumentative. I'm not trying to dictate anything, don't get me wrong. I just struggle to understand there is no real way to find these recipes somewhere in the game and let the mod read from there instead of you having to code all the recipes by hand, and then recode when a recipe changes and people having to download an update. It might also help get compatibility with mods that add new items and recipes

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, by the way, I was wondering... How does this prioritize items? For example, if I put in 30 copper ore, 30 iron ore and 12 coal, how do I make the machine process the iron ore first?

• The DCG

The DCG Void-Bound Voyager

At least on furnaces, it seems to prioritize the faster smelting ones - so when I dump a full inventory in, it smelts copper, then iron, then gold, then iridium.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I wish we had a choice in some way. Like it processing items from left to right instead

RaulMarq and Gyumaou like this.