Some areas NEED or can be added

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by amyhistoria, Oct 29, 2016.

1. amyhistoria

amyhistoria Industrial Terraformer

stardewaddedareas.png
    I've drawn some triangles in the original map -

red ones means that the areas need to be added - player has already past those areas, but they are not depicted in game - they should be paths with forageable items, diggable nodes, and should consume time when walk past them.

Purple triangles means they can be added into game as expansions, but not necessary. Some of them have natural altitude differences with the accessible areas, so a stair may be added to approach them.

Look as the following image as well - (the original image is the world map in game)

stardewvalleyWorld_Map - 副本.png

The blue triangles shows the possible locations of game settings - there are Gotoro empire across the sea, at the south. Green areas are less possible ones, since an empire should be large enough.

I think, maybe CA should fix something, in geographical sense, buggy ones in game.

Maybe he already take those issues into considerations, but too busy to add the areas right now.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I think you mean rectangles, but yes, I agree, it would be nice to have those areas added to the game so we'd have more places to explore. I'd especially be in favor of more areas inside the Secret Woods. >u>

I know there are mods out there that have added a lot of new areas but I'd love to not have to use SMAPI to get them.

MrToni300 likes this.
      • amyhistoria

Yeah I do mean rectangles - I study in Canada for a mathematical physics program, but since I receive all my basic education at China, I really messed it up...

The red rectangle area is Needed to be added - because it doesn't make sense to intentionally skip some areas.

• TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

If you look at your map of your rectangles, the purple one that is right next to the Wizard's Tower, that IS in the game already - it's the "Secret Woods".

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

The part of the Secret Woods that we have access to though is more accurately shown in the space just above that. If we could go further south it would take us directly into the area outlined in purple there.

MrToni300 likes this.
            • TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

ok so there's still a rectangle that's not needed because it's already there, whether it's the one above it or not.

• Pongles

Pongles Lucky Number 13

I would love to be able to expand the farm to the West, after buying the proper land certs of course.

• amyhistoria

There are small hills in the west, so I think only reasonable is building terraces there. Or the east of the farm - we can use it as an private foraging woods, or a plot of farmland.

• amyhistoria

I found the scale of the map is weird - The distance from farmhouse to the desert and to the forest river is the same. Why don't I walk or ride to desert instead? The mountains are also too small.

• Daedelon

Daedelon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sure future updates/expansions will cover the unexplored areas. Every game always has areas in which you cannot enter because the developers already planned on using them for future content. World of Warcraft, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Fallout and Borderlands are such games that have these situations. Just be patient and I'm sure they will be unlocked.

Minakie likes this.
                      • Jayfeather980

Jayfeather980 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Consider the fact that the map changes according to which type of farm you choose. This means those unused areas (Meadow, Forests etc.) could be replaced by other more significant things. Although a bigger forest would be nice. A swamp-area would also be cool. They could at least give us access to the flower dance area...

As for the world map, I wouldn't worry too much about trying to pinpoint the exact location of Stardew Valley. I would expect to have to zoom in quite a bit to see it.