1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Suggestion Specify Games' General Discussion

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by Hel, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Whenever someone makes a new post in one of the many "General Discussions" on the website it only says General Discussion. You don't know which General Discussion they posted in until you click on the topic and see for yourself (99% of the time it takes me to the Stardew Valley section).

Why not re-name the General Discussions to have the name of the game they are linked to in the name, to avoid confusion. Plus, it'll look better honestly.

Wanderlust Rebirth has it. So why not all of the "Other Game" Subforums?

[​IMG]

Maybe for Stardew Valley add SV to the start? and other letters for the other games too, And maybe not just got the General Discussion, for like other areas where there is more than 1 like Suggestions. Maybe use these below or something?

SV (Stardew Valley)
    WA (Wanderlust Adventure)
    TAV (Treasure Adventure World)
    Int (Interstellaria)
    RoR (Risk of Rain)
    LI (Lenna's Inception)
    HW (Halfway)
    WM (Witchmarsh)

This kinda bugged me after clicking on posts that say "General Discussion" thinking it was for the Starbound one but it takes me almost every time to Stardew Valley. I think this way would make it easier and display subforums a lil clearer to people.

Just my suggestion

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

You can go to the General Discussion (or other forum) of the game you're interested in and view the new threads there. At the top of each thread and forum it shows the forum hierarchy, so you can see exactly where you're at (and therefore what game that forum is for). The only time I've seen it hard to see where a post is actually made is in the New Posts box on the main page, which doesn't show very much information anyways.

You can also add entire forums to your watchlist, that way you'll get notifications whenever someone creates a thread in that forum.

3. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Oh, I know about that, I meant like here:

[​IMG]

This is a kinda bad example to use and all, But I mean specify what General Discussion is which so it shows you more clear here. Number 1 and number 4 are both posts in General Discussion, but probably not the same one because there's a few of them.

I know you could could but scroll past all of the areas to see who posted where, but I think its a little vague. Some people will disagree. Opinions, right?

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It won't really matter because people will still post Starbound and Stardew Valley threads in the Social forum's General Discussion subforum regardless, because some people are just impatient and don't want to make sure they are posting in the correct forum.