1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Squids in Space: A Splatoon Mod V3.1 ~ Hotfixes ii

A species mod based off of Nintendo's Splatoon.

1. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

So, as of this new Inkling update, the new Novakid I've just created is now using a pink, glitchy sail AI. As well as pink energy.

I'd make the too much pink energy joke, but nah.

Also, kept on getting an error when trying to make the squidkid, so that too :S

2. Coricus

Coricus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, I went in with my existing Inkling and Judd's not there. It's just an empty bunch of static right now.

There's two recipes for the N-Zap '85, one of which requires less material than the other. And the N-Zap '87 shows up as the N-Zap '85 when held.

Since someone else commented on an issue, I'll try to create another character and see what happens.

. . .One of the tentacle styles makes the face of your Inkling design show up the same color no matter what skin color you pick. The rest of the body changes and all the other tentacle styles are fine, but with this one the face shade always stays the same.

[​IMG]

(Well looks like Print Screen finally decided to work for me)

Creating the character itself works, but trying to start the game with them causes the following error message:

3. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

Quick fixes with the newest update:

- Shipworld is now functional, there were a few problems I overlooked.
    - SAIL AI was having issues with there being conflict between the portrait vs. the vanilla game files. I'll get it fully functional in good time.
    - You should now be able to craft the N-Zap '87 properly.
    - That one tentacle style no longer has a face attached to it. Haha, oops.

Coricus likes this.
  4. Marinebeast

Marinebeast updated Inkling Race Mod with a new update entry:

0.7.3 Beta: SAIL now fully functional!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Coricus likes this.
  5. Failbird105

Failbird105 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Soo, I got an error that says this

[Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'inklingtier2pistol' found

It seems that when you got rid of that one issue, you made another

*EDIT: as far as I can tell, the error comes from there being a second folder labeled inkling inside the pistol folder, that contains an extra copy of both the tier 1 and 2, and the images for the tier 1 and 3

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  6. demonix

demonix Subatomic Cosmonaut

nice mod, really love it, keep up the good work !

7. Marinebeast

@Failbird105

That's an interesting error -- do you have an outdated version, or did you end up merging folders between an older version and a new one when you updated?
    When updating, I highly recommend you delete the old version's folder before you install the new build, because errors like this can happen.

Your pistol folder should look like this:

[​IMG]
    I would recommend A. deleting the mod folder and installing anew (it shouldn't affect character saves), or B. modifying it yourself to remove the excess files.

@demonix

Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

8. icetail0912

icetail0912 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Unfortunately I have no idea how to sprite for Starbound, but might I suggest an ink tank as a cosmetic backpack?

9. icetail0912

icetail0912 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, and I noticed a small issue with the Sassy Idol's Hat- there's a few random pixels showing up just above the ear, and it doesn't quite line up with the appropriate hairstyle.

smallissue.png

10. Marinebeast

@icetail0912

Oh, whoops! Slapping that on my to-do list as something to fix.

Anyways, updates-- nothing too soon, since I'm simultaneously doing non-Starbound stuff and trying to make a fairly content-heavy v0.8.
    I'll see if I can't get it out by the end of the week, but we'll see, since I'm taking a trip to Chicago early next week and I start classes on the 29th.

Stuff that's planned:

- All three sets of tier 5 armor. (Finished!)
    - Tier 4 weapons, featuring the Hero Replica line and the Heavy Splatling Deco. (7/8 finished.)
    - Bug fixes, mainly visuals like the Sassy Idol's Hat and the Kelp Splatterscope sprite, as well as small visual tweaks on weapon placement. (Finished.)
    - The first wave of furniture! I've got a bed, a bookcase, a chair, some graffiti and other stuff queued up to be worked on. (3/5 finished.)
    - Sorted categories on the Inkling Crafting Table, since it's steadily accumulating stuff and could do for things being sorted. (Finished, being polished.)
    - Unique food, since there's not nearly enough sashimi, sushi, and various forms of prepared seafood for my liking in this game.
    - As suggested, an ink tank back item! It'll give your max energy stores a good boost, and you can dye it to change the color of the ink inside. Not everyone's orange. (Finished.)
    - Possibly unique SAIL dialogue. I'll see if I can get it to work.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  11. Coricus

Coricus Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have suggestions for wave 2 furniture ideas. :3

The folding chairs, table, and "On Air" sign from Callie and Marie's news station, and a vending machine like the ones you see near Spyke and the Amiibo box.

And to go with the vending machine, some Inkling-themed sodas.

Marinebeast likes this.
  12. Marinebeast

Marinebeast updated Inkling Race Mod with a new update entry:

0.8.0 Beta: Now with more snacks!

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. TheCreeperCyborg

TheCreeperCyborg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• User has been banned for this post. Reason: Breaking the Golden Rule / Ignoring Multiple Warnings. Duration: Permanent.
    i dont like splatoon, just like undertable its fanbase seems to be all 34 yr old men who unfortunately can draw well

14. Failbird105

ahh right so let me get this straight, you don't like something, so instead of ignoring it because you don't like it, you instead choose to waste your and other peoples time by going out of your way to focus your time on it, despite having absolutely no obligation to do so what so ever, just so you could insult it. Watch out guys I think we've got a real paragon of logic and reasoning right here.

15. Failbird105

I just had the weirdest experience. I updated the mod, and got a duplicate name error when I tried to start the game. Then I moved the mod, and restarted to make sure it was the inkling mod(which it apparently was), then when I moved the mod BACK and restarted again to get the error log, I didn't get the error.

16. TheCreeperCyborg

ab-so-lutely!

17. Marinebeast

@TheCreeperCyborg

That's a funny thing to say: I'm a 21-year-old non-male who adores the game and can draw fairly well. Pretty much all my good friends who enjoy the game are in the same boat-- young, not cisgendered males, and having tons of fun with the universe.

Really, though, go complain somewhere else. Nobody really cares about your opinion besides proving it wrong and/or pointing and laughing at it, and you're not doing anything for anyone by expressing it here.

@Failbird105

Sounds like either 1. you didn't fully uninstall the previous version before installing v0.8B, or 2. something went terribly wrong and I don't know what it is. :')

If it continues, please provide logs so I can try and troubleshoot it for you!

2nd Lieutenant Raoni likes this.
  18. TheCreeperCyborg

well geese, i was just trying to make a funny point that wierdos have sexualized both undertable and splatoon, yesus

19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

If you have nothing nice to say, don't post. I'll even help you along by revoking your ability to reply to this thread. You should know better by now.

20. Failbird105

That's the thing, I definitely removed the previous version because it didn't ask to overwrite anything

also, you might want to upgrade the basic inkbrush, because its currently actually WEAKER then the broken sword that all races start with by default.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016