1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Stage suggestion: The Watery Front

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Av3nged, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Av3nged

Av3nged Space Penguin Leader

I have a stage suggestion: The Watery Front (subject to change)

The stage would be a mix of blue colors (underwater obviously)
    The gravity would be altered, so that you get a more "swimlike" feel.

Stage specific enemies would be something along the lines of:
    Purple jellyfish: same as the current jellyfish, only faster.
    Swordfishman: a fish/man-like creature with a sword.

Stage specific boss:
    The Kraken:
    Tentacle sweep: the Kraken lashes out with his tentacles, hurting you for X damage and minor knockback.
    Eat: the Kraken tries to eat you and hurts you for Y damage.
    Swarm: the Kraken summons 10 mini octopusses to aid him.

This is just something I randomly came up with, and I thought it would be pretty cool to have this.
    Discuss!

EDIT: I have no idea what damage values would be balanced so I just put down X and Y

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

You KIND of beat to making a suggestion like this but, I was going to avoid having underwater sections, I don't think it would really fit well with the games snap to quick gameplay, now like knee high water with pretty effects for jumping and running through, hell yeah, basically take the dried lake and put water in it and put some nice trees and stuff for the platforms.

• Av3nged

Well you could still have the quick gameplay but that the water enables a double 'jump' and alters gravity a bit (think gravity worth of 1 jetpack).
        I like the idea of the knee high water, there could also be water that slows you down, as if the environment itself is working against you.
        In the spirit of environments working against you: there could be thorny plants and such as well.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

I dunno if having environmental damage OUTSIDE of falling would probably be a bit much since, I know on hardcore things hit pretty hard and even pack a good wallop on normal. Possibly a slow I could see but I dunno, with a lot of enemies already being faster then you without goat hooves or a burning witness buff, let alone imps OR quick type enemies are hard enough to evade and deal with by themselves.

• Av3nged

Yes that's true, hardcore truly is the very meaning of hardcore :p
            I agree, it should be limited to slows then.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

No? Having water that lowers gravity, slows you down, etc, won't break the gameplay, just change it a bit.