1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Android/iOS: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evilpuppetmaster

Evilpuppetmaster Void-Bound Voyager

For anyone else that comes across this. It appears that Stardew Valley has an issue with iOS's 'Screen Time' feature. I disabled all the screen time restrictions, deleted the app, and reinstalled. After this I can at least open the app. Screen time restrictions can be re-enabled. Once screen time runs out for a day, the app will start having this problem again, where it immediately quits upon opening, instead of popping up the 'Ask for more time' option as it should. You can get around it by disabling screen time again.

However to the Chucklefish devs: it seems to me this a bug and a serious one at that, I can reproduce it reliably on all 3 ios devices in my house, and I imagine this is a game purchased frequently in similar circumstances. To have a bug that prevents the game ever even being started for a pay up front game, and then to have my bug report apparently ignored on AFAIk the only forum you provide to report such things is pretty disappointing.

• rellimarual

rellimarual Intergalactic Tourist

Been playing for 1 week on an iPad 3. Just downloaded the game a week ago.

I can’t place crab pots on the ocean. The green squares appear but nothing happens when I tap one while holding the pot.

• njalcazar

njalcazar Space Hobo

Hi there! I love the game and i’m playing it on iphone xs plus. I have an issue! I have a chest stuck into my bed. The chest was originally there by my bedside but became trap when i renovated and the bed moved a space over to the right. Please help. :’( Thanks!

Attached Files:

• sasabd

sasabd Void-Bound Voyager

(Android)
          My game language won't change completely to english. Some things like hours, days of the week, etc, are still in the previous language (portuguese)
          I cleared the cache but it didn't work.

• Gopi

Gopi Space Hobo

YOGA Tablet 2-830L
            Game 1.31
            Android 5.0.1
            When i click on load game my game crashes after 2-3 seconds
            Try to reinstall , start new game, restart my device, but nothing happens

In bellow i send my save file

Attached Files:

• Zip.zip
                File size:
                74.2 KB
                Views:
            • sevenmars

sevenmars Space Hobo

Items disappearing in-game on iPad 3rd gen
              After placing an artifact in museum it disappears from inventory but does not appear on display. Tried three times. Museum still empty.
              Harvested cauliflower and put in sell box on farm then went to egg festival. After festival went to bed, no payment received for cauliflower.
              At this point I installed and reinstalled in attempt to fix issue.
              Upon starting new game attempted to plant seed but clicked unplowed square. Seed disappeared from inventory but was not planted.

• Gustavozr92

Gustavozr92 Space Hobo

Same issue here, I have placed 2 items already on the museum, but they disappear from inventory and doesn’t appear on display/shelves

• Inzion

Inzion Space Hobo

I cannot create a new game in my iPad Pro 13.2 iOS. The issue is that as soon as I introduce the name the screen is frozen and I cannot continue. I have reinstalled the app a couple times and this does not fix the issue. My iPhone in iOS 13.2 works fine

• j man

j man Space Hobo

After getting married, my spouce's heart meter mysteriously went down by 2 hearts. Whats happening?

• Burnsep

Burnsep Space Hobo

Hi there, Android 10 on a Pixel 3a. my game's interface (menu, inventory, energy meter, date/time, everything) is completely gone. I've restarted the phone several times but nothing works. I've googled around and this doesn't seem to be a common issue. Does anyone have insight into the issue?

• jmills470

jmills470 Space Hobo

Hello,

When playing Journey of the Prairie King, my character locks into the level walls and I cannot move my character horizontally or vertically. If I die, my character spawns as normal and can move normally. This only occurs on level 4 (level with wooden walls arranged in a square).

My game and iOS are fully updated.

Thank you for your help.

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

iPad OS 13.2.3 iPad Pro 10.5" (2017) It would save a ton of time if tapping an animal targeted that animal instead of only the tile it's on at the time I tap, since they so often move, and others move around them as well.

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

iPad OS 13.2.3 iPad Pro 10.5" (2017)

Fishing UI is big again.

Attached Files:

• KilViaVix

KilViaVix Void-Bound Voyager

iPad Pro 12.9” , 3rd Gen. Version 13.1.1

Just got the game today, I’m seeing some pretty large amounts of lag when walking through the town, as if the camera is lagging behind a good bit (which is rough to see), with slowdown of the character occasionally. It gets a bit more bad in certain spots such as near the blacksmith’s location and near the sewer area when I’m walking down towards it. Not sure if this is normal, beach area doesn’t feel as laggy.

It appears that the lag is also occurring more when I use a DualShock 4 controller when walking to the left and right at times. Will try to update the iPad later to the latest version and see if it helps.

Update: I updated it to the latest version as said. Haven’t discovered any improvement in performance, not worse, not better. Camera is rough when it tries to follow my character as said, beach performs just fine, any other area seems to be having trouble.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
                              • HuckLetsPlay

HuckLetsPlay Space Hobo

When low on energy going to the bed and standing in the bed does not replenish your energy levels. I am on android.

• alacrityfitz

alacrityfitz Space Hobo

I recently downloaded Stardew Valley on my phone and there's no music?? Every other sound plays but the music is just replaced by constant "ambient noises" of birds chirping.

I'm on android by the way.

• Yutolia

Yutolia Intergalactic Tourist

I have been playing for awhile and after the most recent update (1.37) I can no longer listen to audiobooks (audible, etc) while playing. I am on iOS. I had been able to do this for awhile.

• nevinho

nevinho Intergalactic Tourist

Android 1.3.36.104
                                      My scythe has stopped collecting a % of grass and storing it as hay in the silo.
                                      I built a silo and was able to fill it with hay to the max of 240.
                                      I then built a coop and a barn and started upgrading them.
                                      Everything was fine and I could feed hay to my animals each day and also re-fill my silo by harvesting more grass.

Around the same time I upgraded my barn and coop to the maximum deluxe versions with the autofeeder.
                                      Now my scythe is ineffective and no longer collects hay. My silo is also slowly reducing the amount of stored hay, I assume as the animals consume it. I am unable to re-fill the silo by harvesting more grass.
                                      When I harvest grass, there is no notification at all that any hay was collected.

Follow up:
                                      Silo reached 0 and still cannot be re-filled.
                                      I added 10 hay purchased from Marnie and after 2 days it was gone.
                                      Scythe still doesn't generate hay.
                                      I destroyed the silo and had Robin build a new one, but the problem persists.
                                      Next I will try to destroy the coop and barn.

• SuperCharged5

SuperCharged5 Space Hobo

I can mean a new save but, whenever I try to write something, it doesn’t show any words and then the game freezes and I can’t do anything

• bojesiewody

bojesiewody Void-Bound Voyager

There seems to be a little bug with confirmation window when choosing multiple profession perks at once.
                                          At the end of the day I had two profession perks to choose - farming and combat. By accident I've clicked on the wrong one with farming and out of habit I've clicked the back button on my device. Game asked if I'm sure to quit and after declining - dialog to choose combat profession perk vanished.
                                          Result is no combat profession perk is available.
                                          Tried to edit the save file adding <id> for combat profession but resulted in game glitching with black boxes overlapping certain items and no perk added at all.

EDIT:
                                          Obviously I've made a mistake - you have to edit BOTH files at the same time. Now it works fine.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.