1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Closed Stardew Valley Multiplayer: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keyboardclick

keyboardclick Space Hobo

I'm not sure how to bring attention to this bug but it wasn't on the list at the top, so I'll just link them here.
    The interact button doesn't advance or proceed dialogue properly, no matter what it's mapped to. Apparently it's been broken since v1.2, according to these sources:

https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/v1-2-action-key-not-working.132490/page-2
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal..._unable_to_progress_dialoguetext_with_action/
    https://www.gog.com/forum/stardew_valley/keyboard_problem_since_12_button_to_proceed_dialogue

Are these getting fixed in v1.4? Please and thank you!

• aly_firefly

aly_firefly Aquatic Astronaut

I'm having an issue where a friend and I are trying to play together but the "version mismatch" keeps popping up when we try to use the invite code. It won't let us send friend invites at all (the button is there but clicking on it does nothing). We are playing the same version of Stardew Valley and the same version of Steam. We are both mac players with 10.10+ installed. We both have privacy settings turned off. We both tried hosting and the same "version mismatch" code popped up when inputing the invite code. The only thing that worked was to reverify game files but that turned off all the mods we were using. We aren't using all of the same mods, but I was under the impression that that shouldn't matter much when it comes to connecting to the server.

Please help?

• SnarknSass

SnarknSass Intergalactic Tourist

I have an issue in multiplayer- I host a game and my friend I play with can't give a bouquet to any NPCs. I've been able to give my bouquet just fine, but they tried giving theirs and keeps getting rejected. We've tried expanding their house, moving their house farther from mine, etc, still no luck.

• gebstadter

gebstadter Space Hobo

I believe I am also experiencing this issue (or a similar one involving the farmhand losing xp and event progress) as a Windows 10 host.

• SnarknSass

SnarknSass Intergalactic Tourist

Okay, so I've now married Shane, and my friend Still can't give Sebastian a bouquet. But! They were able to give a bouquet to Shane! We play Stardew on Steam, Windows. Please help! We have no marriage mods installed!

• Sumii

Sumii Void-Bound Voyager

Hello. Hope to get a reply soon, since this thread seems a bit dead..
              I have been trying to play some Stardew with my boyfriend and it will just not let us connect. We are playing on PC, new file, from 0, no mods, same version of the game. We tried both hosting and joining and none worked. It keeps telling us 'Connection failed' after 20-30 seconds. Any idea?

We have tried:
              Installing the Visual CC++
              Restarting game and steam multiples times
              Waiting a bit before going to co-op
              Restarting routers and modems (?)
              Rebooting PC
              Hosting a farm (not new one) didn't work as well

Any help? :(

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
              • CalCrazy

CalCrazy Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having an issue where my friend keeps getting booted out of my game every 10-15 min, saying it lost connection to the server. I tried using the invite code initially but it wouldn't load; he had to go through steam in order to even see my game. It was a new file and was set to friends only, and I then tried invite only, but nothing worked. Now that he's finally able to get in, he can't stay in. Why is that? Is there a remedy for this?

• Uzdo

Uzdo Void-Bound Voyager

I cant get secret note #10. I think is cuz i have canceled wuest from Qi to reach lvl 25 in skull cavern or cuz i reach lvl 100 way befor 1.3 was released. I tried reaching lvl 25 and 100 again but i still cant get secret note 10 . I dont wanna start over pls fix.

• blouwho?

blouwho? Void-Bound Voyager

Encountering the co-op error "connection failed, version mismatch" though both ends are fully up to date. We have tried a new farm from both ends.

• skipp136

skipp136 Space Hobo

Version 1.4
                      Encountered two issues when playing Co-Op via Steam. I am a Mac user and the second player is using a Lenovo Thinkpad.

Issue #1: I am the host for the co-op game. Myself and another player started the file on November 29th. The other player had 2,000G by the time we finished for the day so that he could purchase the rucksack upgrade the next time we played. The next day on November 30th, we signed back in to play together. When the other player loaded into the game, his gold was down to 500G instead of the previous day's 2,000G. His computer did not crash at all. It was Spring Day 12 in the game.

Issue #2: On Spring 18, I entered Pierre's and the cutscene where Morris enters Pierre's to offer lower pricing began. At this time, the other player was in the mines but I am not certain which floor. When the cut scene started, the other player also saw this cut scene and was dragged out of the mines to Pierre's.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
                      • Axyzel

Axyzel Orbital Explorer

When mining with pickaxe during passing out at 2am, visual glitch occurs where character disappears entirely. Happened in mines. (Yes, the player character is in the attached image, you can see their tiny shadow.)

Attached Files:

• lykat

lykat Big Damn Hero

An animal with a name that uses the Japanese character set is not readable when playing the game in English; it displays only asterisks *****, presumably because when the game is set to English it loads a font that only contains ASCII characters. This is an issue for us on co-op because one of us has the game client in Japanese and the other in English. I wonder if it also affects other non-ASCII character sets?

The Japanese localisation of the version 1.4 content is machine translated (some of the literal translations are quite amusing, like "<PLAYER> hit the sack."). Will this be redone?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2019
                          • siliayesaco

siliayesaco Space Spelunker

Hi so I'm having an issue in multiplayer where not every time but nearly, when leaving one area and going into another and the screen fades to black it stays on black and I end up having to exit the game. It only started happening today and I'm not too sure what the issue could be as there's no new mods or anything today. If you have any suggestions I would be very grateful!

• Rouven

Rouven Space Hobo

A few days ago, I was playing with friends and I was connecting just fine. Later today, I can't connect to him at all anymore. Even if I get a chance to connect, it loads too long and I desync (I am at 8AM, and he is at 11AM). It's the worst I've experienced so far, and I can't play with him anymore.

• catstar8

catstar8 Void-Bound Voyager

Steam was having issues yesterday, are you still having trouble today?

• E_X_P_A_N_D

E_X_P_A_N_D Space Hobo

I am having an issue when trying to return the Ornate Necklace to either Caroline or Abigail during multiplayer mode. When trying to hand it back, it just shows the message but they do not actually take it and the necklace stayed in my inventory. I tried this several times with the same results, but no luck. I decided to just leave it for a while, but today I got a dialog saying that I returned the necklace to Abigail when handing her a Spice Berry for a request.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Reluctant Gamer likes this.
                                  • tyduncanson

tyduncanson Space Hobo

During the Ice Festival during winter, there is a space in the top of Leah's cottage that can be phased through. You can get to the area above Marnie's house as well as walking on the river below. Harmless, but still a bug. This can only be done during the ice festival for some reason.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• chuckdeguzman

chuckdeguzman Void-Bound Voyager

Currently having an issue with the Secret Note |to find the mayors statue| - once one player finds it, no other player can.

• Reluctant Gamer

Reluctant Gamer Space Hobo

Having a lost connection issue, even when I'm playing alone on my co-op. I'm new to gaming, and so new to SDV, but have been losing entire days as the connection drops just as I'm about to go to bed for the night but before it saves progress. I've checked and the game is up-to-date.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.