WIP Stardew Valley Overhaul 1.0 [ALPHA]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by XCube591, Mar 24, 2016.

1. 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any chance you can make a separate version for ALL that leaves the beach path in.
    Androxilogin's removal of that path is most of the reason I won't update to the ALL version. Otherwise, everything looks great.

• Yamadataiki

Yamadataiki Phantasmal Quasar

Sure, here you go.

Attached Files:

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Sorry, people were complaining about it being an open path. My personal version has it and fixes a few things. I was thinking about throwing together an ALL version of the town and all of that as I have it but then again this isn't my mod so I've just left it alone.

• Androxilogin

[Sorry to double-post, but..] Here's a version that relies on ALL, Tego's Farm Expansion & Serializer Utilities and SMAPI, of course.. It also includes my latest version of "Through the Woods" I haven't even released yet due to using the original base files and building around the town/etc. Trees can be cut down, once inaccessible bushes are now available and produce berries AND the shortcut to the beach is back. Various fixes can be found around the map as well. Does NOT overwrite original files (except farm.xnb in Tego's Farm Expansion). It also makes some points on the map horse-friendly. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
          • Yamadataiki

Yamadataiki Phantasmal Quasar

I'm glad you decided to release your version of the town! I tried contacting the author before I made the ALL edit, but I'd seen how long it'd been since they'd been on. It's a shame because I know a lot of us loved this mod.Your vision of the town is fantastic though and I'm sure the original creator would think so too. I can see you've definitely invested time into the town and If you decide to continue to expand/change the town I'd love to see what you do, especially with 1.1 now being in beta.

• Androxilogin

I'm glad you appreciate it. A little late releasing it and now it's already outdated but I do plan on reworking it for 1.1, most likely from scratch to make sure I don't miss any new changes and also to avoid any bad blood. It absolutely took some time but more of a "here & there" sort of thing. Thanks for the kind words, now I'm off to spot some differences!

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To me, if the original mod author has been gone for a long time (about 5 months now), and you are the one keeping the mod up to date, you have the right to release a new version. That said, most people don't agree with me on that, and I understand why. Let us know if you plan to split off and basically remake the mod as your own. You and Yama have both done a good job, so I look forward to where one or both of you take this.

Androxilogin likes this.
                • Androxilogin

In some ways I agree but it can be frustrating for some to find others have taken over where they left off so the next release will most likely be rebuilt from the ground up. Even though these map edits are pretty common, I want to be sure not to leave out anything that was added to the update. Just a little overwhelming at the moment.but it is really assuring to know I have others backing the idea. I will definitely be releasing an update as soon as possible to make it compatible with the new update- especially since stardewmods has been suspended.

[EDIT] This mod is currently compatible with 1.1 however I'm still in the process of finishing up the town.xnb to be closely identical to the release I've posted above. I've also redone the fence to the beach and surprisingly it took me a couple hours because of dumb mistakes due to getting back into the swing of things and lack of sleep. The color is still a bit off but it still has a little ways to go. Just thought I'd share it with you all. I'm not particularly fond of the pattern nor the "back" layer but this was the [old] town map for testing purposes for lazy-man warp functions. Maybe just do exactly as is with the fence pattern, change the back layer, who knows.. Maybe ramble on about the same thing a little longer or just take a nap. Either way, a pic:

[​IMG]

[EDIT] I completely redid the whole town for 1.1 buuut 1.11 snuck up on me and I saw there were changes in the town.xnb while installing and I'm not exactly sure what the changes were so I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board on this one, it seems. That and I think with the ALL updates I need to make some changes in order for this to work correctly again. But I will!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
                  • MariaWB

MariaWB Void-Bound Voyager

Halp! It's not working for me =( I launched through SMAPI for other mods. I even tried to start a new game to see if it would work then, but it doesn't. As far as I can tell, I have done everything correctly, but it's not working.

• Androxilogin

ALL has been updated a few times since releasing this and with one of those changes this mod stopped working along with Tego's Farm Extension. I'll try looking into it this morning and see if I can't figure it out.

[EDIT] Do you have ALL, Tego's Farm Expansion & Serializer Utilities?.. I just tested and it seems to be working on my end.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
                        MariaWB likes this.
                      • Androxilogin

The problem is with the town.xnb attempting to load a tilesheet from an older version. I will try to update this as soon as possible. Sorry about that.

• MariaWB

MariaWB Void-Bound Voyager

I tried new things, among them getting ALL, SU and Entoarox. I have tried extracted them and SMAPI to both the regular game folder and the appdata folder, and extracting all mods to both places as well. I have gone in and replaced the map .xnb files. When I open the game through SMAPI, it says 9 mods are loaded, but as far as I can see, the only one working is Get Dressed.

It may just be that I am an absolute dummy. Could someone maybe make a tiny step by tiny step guide for dummies like me?

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Could you add the Hot Spring behind Joja mart with the beach path and Through the Woods please.

• Androxilogin

Personally I see no point in having a bathing area behind JojoMart being that it is soo close to the actual bathhouse and having a bathroom addition to the player home so doubtful I will add it to the town map, sorry. "Through the Woods" will be included. Hopefully adding some more to it in the coming days.

It's not a mishap on your end- I corrected my mistake on the next post. I will have to rework the town map (again) which will most likely be tomorrow morning. I've redone the map completely for 1.1 then I saw while updating to 1.11 that the town was written to again so I will be revisiting it once again to make sure nothing is lost. Keep a look out! Sorry for the misunderstanding and the wait. I've been working all over to get everything up to date while putting this on the back burner. I'm pretty well caught up now though and ready to get it out there.

[EDIT] Just to let everyone know, I haven't abandoned this, I've actually been working hard to get a new update up here but ran into a few issues. I meant to have it posted the morning I said I'd be working on it but after reediting the town I found some troublesome tiles and such just before uploading so I had to step back and read into some new ways around them. I'll keep this thread updated on new findings. Thanks for your patience and appreciation.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
                                zyymurgy likes this.
                              • Coolwyngs

Okay cool. I just like the hot spring it looks so cool.

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

• Androxilogin

Wow! That looks pretty freakin' sweet!

• Coolwyngs

No I did not before. It is wonderful I love it and I am getting it now> Thank you for showing it to me.

• Androxilogin

A little update: I've been jumping around to different mods and left off having some trouble with this one after redoing the town again and again, most notably trees and things spawning in town and the backwoods. Some of the plank bridges also but I wanted to post an update for the time being (no one ever said is was anything more than an alpha :p). You WILL face problems. Please discuss them here! (Especially if you have solutions).

Attached Files:

• wooby6

wooby6 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Androxilogin
                                        I'm having trouble opening your maps in tIDE for personal Changes, namely: Backwoods, Backwoods2, BusStop, Forest, mountain

the gist of the message is: unable to load tilesheeet 'outdoor', "spring_outdoorsTileSheet.png", inner message: out of memory

probly there trying to load a tilesheet from an older version, can you link me the one your using

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016