1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starface 1.3.3

Replaces the faces of the base races

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

...No, you're right. I'm sorry.

2. digdean

digdean Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love an Upbeat Giraffe version, great mod.

3. Varixai likes this.
  4. Scneek

Scneek Void-Bound Voyager

New to starbound. I can't get the mod to work.. ): I have the folder if the Mods folder

5. Sorry, those were outdated instructions. The game now requires them to be in Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods

Varixai likes this.
  6. Scneek

Scneek Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks again... :confused: Do most/all mods this update go into that folder? And, Is it okay to put the extracted folder inside, or just the files (for mods like this one especially that have more than one file)?

7. Yeah, all mods need to go into that folder to work now.

In general, if the mod you downloaded has a single "____.modpak" file in it (like this one), you just drop that file by itself into the folder.
    If the mod you downloaded is in a folder with lots of files, then you want to keep it in a folder and put that folder in the mods location.

8. KillerBlueJay

KillerBlueJay Void-Bound Voyager

will this mod be seeing an update soon for spirited giraffe? or is an updated not needed : ?

9. Update is not required; I just tested this on Spirited Giraffe.

Varixai likes this.
  10. KillerBlueJay

KillerBlueJay Void-Bound Voyager

cool. thanks :p

11. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

I hate to be the bugger of bad news, but is there any forseeable problems using this in the upcoming Glad Griaffe update? Not sure if there's new sprite parts with the new combat mechanics, so jus curious.

12. Mackinz

It should work just fine.

13. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

I use it in the Unstable and have had no issues, and there are no new sprite parts, so it is fine.

14. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

i wonder if this up-to-date.

15. Mackinz

It's a mod that only edits png files. The only way it will not remain up-to-date is if Chucklefish completely changes how species are handled in SB... and that will probably never happen. It's "update-proof".

16. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh nice.

17. LeafWolf

LeafWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wonderful mod! I've been using it for quite some time. The thing is, I personally prefer the vanilla Glitch and Hylotl, is there any way I would be able to edit the mod on my own which would make those two races use their vanilla appearance? Thank you for a great mod!

18. Mackinz

It's actually extremely simple to do. Just open the mod, open the humanoid folder, open a species' folder and delete an image file there. Modding Starbound isn't hard and Character Improvements modso are among the simplest mods in terms of file structure and function, if not sprite quality.

19. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

You would need to unpack the modpak file, and I THINK from there all you would have to do is delete the hylotl and glitch files.

And I've been Ninja'd.

20. LeafWolf

LeafWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What would I use to unpack the file?