1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Steel Furnace - Industrial Smelting! (Frustrated Koala)

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by Chiefwaffles, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Chiefwaffles

Chiefwaffles Aquatic Astronaut

The Steel Furnace is a new Tier 2 version of the current furnace. It's better in two ways: Better efficiency, and it can cook food!
    [​IMG]
    The steel furnace

With it's amazing MoltCore technology, it can smelt ores at TWICE the efficiency! With the patented SmartTray technology, you can cook food AND smelt ore! There's really nothing it can't do!

The steel furnace requires 35 steel ingots, a molten core, and a stone furnace, at the Metalwork Station. It smelts most ores at 2x efficiency. If the recipe has coal in it, the coal amount stays the same. If you required 5 coal for a recipe beforehand, the ore costs may decrease, but it'll still take up 5 coal, with the steel furnace.

NOTICE - This mod is in BETA. It currently modifies the Molten Core file. There's a chance that if you defeat the first boss, the molten core may glitch. There is also a miniscule chance of it crashing. (though I've never experienced a crash in my testing) If you DO encounter any errors or glitches, please notify me and I'll fix it as soon as possible.

The attachment system does not appear to be working. Download for the moment: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18863281/Steel Furnace V0.6.zip

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  2. Chiefwaffles

Chiefwaffles Aquatic Astronaut

Version 0.6 has been uploaded. A charcoal recipe has been added.