1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Still getting bad warping/lag even with solid up/down?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Zoralink, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Zoralink

Zoralink Void-Bound Voyager

Issue with hosting for just a friend and I. I'm getting bad warping/mob freezes/item freezing even for myself while local hosting.

Speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5506603457

Specs of PC:

I5 4690k quad core @3.5 Ghz.

Radeon HD 7870 2GB.

8 gigs DDR3 RAM.

W7.

2. Freygeist

Freygeist Void-Bound Voyager

Same here.

3. Zoralink

Zoralink Void-Bound Voyager

Freezing and such even when hosting yourself?
    --- Post updated ---
    No ideas from anybody?

4. mattmonkey24

mattmonkey24 Void-Bound Voyager

Hmmm I'm certain my case is a bit different, but I'll offer my experience so far with post 1.0.

I host starbound_server on my dedicated Ubuntu server, with an i5 2400 which is plenty capable for this game. Both my server and desktop are connected to the router via ethernet. I've had no lag spikes at all that I can remember, though this is just local intranet and only 1 person.

My server uses a weaker processor, but it uses a lighter OS and it also uses a different program to run the server; W7 would use starbound_server.exe while my server uses starbound_server (no .exe since linux) so it's possible that they are programmed slightly different. Looking at other threads, it seems some others are having similar problems to you, but hardly anyone posts any specs or any other information other than "it lags while hosting pls help". Are there any certain events, maybe a boss fight, that is triggering the lag spikes? Your CPU is pretty good, it shouldn't have problems running the server and also playing the game at the same time