Teleporter Bookmarks broken - Not fixed by reverting storage folder?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DraikNova, Mar 21, 2018.

1. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Okay, so with pretty much any sort of issue with Starbound and corrupted bookmarks, reverting the storage folder, which is supposed to be where all of your savedata is supposed to be stored, to a version from before it became broken should fix it normally. At least, that's from what I understand.

So, for the past couple of days, I have been testing some mods I've been working on, without paying attention to my teleporter bookmarks (as such, I cannot use my log files to figure out anything about the following issue). Now I return to my non-mod-testing character. All of my teleporter bookmarks are gone. Now, I assume that's caused by one of the mod-related crashes I've experienced. I try reverting the files for that character to an older version that I know had working bookmarks. No effect. I try another non-testing character. No bookmarks there either. Since I am now acting under the assumption that something is causing the game to think my current universe is a different one from the one where my teleporter bookmarks were created, similar to how bookmarks do not transfer over from multiplayer, I try reverting my universe.dat to an older version. Then my universe.chunks. Still no effect. Then I try reverting my entire storage folder to the older version. Still doesn't fix the issue.

And then I notice that the order of characters hasn't changed in the character select screen throughout my switching between storage folders. So, this leads to the following question: where is this extra data stored, that seems to be preserving both the character select order and the labeling of the universe?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The order is stored in the metadata file in the player folder. Bookmarks are tied to the universe id in the universe.dat and saved in the player file as well.
    You can restore them by converting the player file to json, search for your bookmarks in the json file and then adjust the universe.dat with the same method.

I also moved the topic to the modding section since it is a mod related thingy.

3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Yes, I know that those files are relevant, but as stated, I have tried reverting all of those to before the issue occurred, which should logically have fixed the issue assuming that is all that is going on, and it did not fix the issue.

EDIT: Figured it out. Turns out the universe.dat file I had to revert to was an older one.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018