Tell Me Your Ships!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Madidel, Jul 29, 2016.

1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I'm not sure if I sense a romantic thing with Marlon and Gil (they sleep in the same room yes, but it's a bunk-bed so they aren't actually sleeping *together*) but I do see them as either being lifelong friends or maybe even brothers. When I was growing up, my great-uncle still lived in the same house with my grandpa (his brother) and grandma.

They probably look after and keep each other company, in that "old married couple" sort of way (I can see Marlon griping at Gil to take his pills lol) and I'm sure they've got their share of stories from when they were younger and more mischievous. Gil kinda lets Marlon run the show and is just sort of a sidekick, the more quiet (and sleepy) friend who just tags along and occasionally adds his two cents.

At least, that's my head-canon. An older gay couple would be adorable though.

• TrashyVerse

TrashyVerse Aquatic Astronaut

Alex X Haley: They were friends together as kids and Alex had always teased Haley or made fun of her over the years for being a girly-girl. Which of course made her annoyed, but as they matured/grew up they got closer and are now platonic friends. But as the player character moves in to Stardew Valley they become even closer and eventually get married as Alex has a hard time coping with the loss of his mother and Haley feels like her parents don’t spend enough time with each other.

Elliot X Leah: They’re both artistic. Elliot’s a bit stuck up and spends time in his beach house so much that he needs a carefree artist like Leah to help him get used to the town more. They both eventually draw inspiration from each other and realize their works are so similar, they get closer, being friends already they talk more and form a relationship, unexpectedly.

Sam X Sebastian: More of a bromance, but can eventually turn romantic. This one is great because they both love each other as best friends and are already like brothers, but eventually become closer by accident. They think It’s weird at first and try avoiding each other for as much as they can but they just can’t help it and come out to each other – both realizing how they feel they’re just too happy and say ‘screw it’.

Maru X Harvey: Both work in the medical profession, and both need a chance for a change. They’re both the inventive nerdy type and I would assume they have a great deal of respect for each other already. She’d be into Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Sherlock BBC, video games like Minecraft and other Indie Platformers, while he’s more of a model-kit type of person (real life things like planes and boats) and one day Maru comes back from a con and shows him a Gundam Model kit and he’s just confuzzled by it so they build it together.

Emily X Clint: It’s cute because like Elliot & Leah they’re both artsy people. They’re crafters and for their kids they can make a bunch of cute shit, and when they are building their nurseries they’ll have a bunch of cute designs for them too. They’ll eventually be friends with Elliot and Leah and their kids will all be into arts and crafts and it’ll be super cute with their birthday parties with the things like scavenger hunts and the toys and other homemade games to keep the kiddos occupied with – all homemade cause that’s the best.

Jas X Vincent: I can see them getting together in the future and having kids someday. I’d like to see them as adults too.

Marine X Lewis: It’s cannon isn’t it?

Sandy X Bouncer: I’d assume all that time he spends standing at the door they’d start up some sort of conversation, or occasionally Sandy flirts with him. One day, the bouncer brings sashimi to lunch and Sandy just makes the funniest face. *We need a name for The Bouncer*.

(Because people talked about it) Marlon X Gil: I’d see it more as a gay couple that now have settled down after years of adventuring around the world and want to help pass down their skills to others. Maybe Gill has had an injury in his legs and can’t walk well so he sits down in his rocking chair all day.

Shane X Penny: Here me out. I get that Shane drinks a lot and is a jerk, but Penny’s really nice and Shane needs someone like that. I know this isn’t what Penny needs, but it’s what Shane needs. Why does Shane need anything? Because Penny can help him get over his alcoholism, and if you read any fanfics regarding Shane at all, he’s really not that bad of a guy. Pam is older than Shane so she’s got no excuse to be where she’s at now, but Shane has hope.

If Penny opens up to Shane, he might have a chance of actually getting Pam to stop drinking as much. Eventually it could become a really cute couple. If they ever do have a kid, imagine if they have a boy and the day he becomes old enough to drink. That’ll be a very proud moment for both Shane and Pam… lol. Plus, everyone knows Penny would be an excellent mom since she’s already a teacher.

• WonkoTSane42

WonkoTSane42 Star Wrangler

I'm still new, I just got to Alex's 4heart event and omg it's so sad. Now I see why he and Penny would work out so well together. I have to say I love the diversity in the family dynamics in this game, but damn some of these are so sad I just want to give these characters a hug, you know.

• FoolB

FoolB Void-Bound Voyager

:)d
          I ship Harvey and Elliot tbh. Harvey is very awkward, slightly older, while Elliot is a charming romantic, slightly older. They are in the same age range, about the same maturity, and they are both passionate people, though Harvey initially has a little difficulty divulging his passionate side due to embarrassment.
          I also ship Maru and Penny super hard. I think they are super cute together and they compliment each other well. I ALSO SHIP LEAH AND HALEY!!! AND MARLON AND GIL!!!! Glad to see other people do too!
          TBH I think Shane would be cute with Sam although IDK their age difference and if Shane is way older i think it would make me uncomfortable. But I think Sam's lightheartedness would bring out Shane's as well. They work together so they see each other often enough. They aren't samey same so they could grow with each other as well. I think after how rough both of their lives have been they could really use another person who understands being uprooted.
          I imagine Shane falling for Sam quickly and all at once, and then putting up a rough and tough act faking not liking Sam. I imagine he would admit his feelings if pressed to though, eventually.
          ANYHOW these are my ships! I just think they are cute <3:love:<3:love:<3:love:<3

• cloudhoney

cloudhoney Master Chief

real quick one..(relelvant bc i my last play it made so much sense to me) CLINT X ABIGAIL.
            ...maytbe she's too young...but i donno whatever. it would make sense. shes quirky and odd i think she'd go for clint. plus her sword thing. And clint is pretty cool. so theyd be cute together

• Madidel

Madidel Void-Bound Voyager

I do love older gay couples. They're just so rare, you know? But yeah, I can see them in that light, too.

Alex x Haley and Elliot x Leah are as close to canon as we're going to get regarding the bachelors and bachelorettes, so I can see why you'd ship them.

Yay! Finally another Sam x Sebastian shipper! The fact that they're so important to each other would make it all the more adorable if they crossed into romance territory.

Again, as they're as close to canon as CA is currently depicting, I see why you ship them. I also like the idea of them bonding over nerd things.

Aww. I'll admit, I have a soft spot for couples who spoil their kids. Also, the idea of Emily and Clint being friends with Elliot and Leah in the future. They're all creative people, but the forms of art they specialize in spans a broad spectrum.

I'd love to see Jas and Vincent as adults, too. It would be really cute and somewhat nostalgic to me.

Pretty much. They're a sort of odd couple, but it works.

We do. "The Bouncer" is just not as catchy as a regular name would be. Who knows? Maybe Sandy would give him a nickname eventually.

Yes! It's just plain refreshing for me to see older gay couples in such a casual and comfortable light, so I'm glad you ship this, too.

I don't think Shane's a jerk! ;-; He's grouchy as hell when you first meet him, but I never saw him as genuinely mean. I think Penny, to a certain extent, would be able to help him. I don't know if she'd want to be tied to him since he'd remind her of her mother so much, but if she'd be able to help with his drinking problem, I can see it working well.

I know! Poor guy! Haley's a complex character with a lot more heart than she'd let on, but I think Penny's more equipped to heal emotional wounds. She's a nurturer and he needs that.

I love your ships! They're adorable! To be honest, I never thought about Shane and Sam but now I wish I had. They're so similar and so different at the same time, so they'd both relate to each other and compliment each other wonderfully~

Oh wow, I never considered those two. Abigail's somewhat like Emily, so what Clint sees in Emily will also be in Abigail, but she has a lot in common with him, as well, and since he has Sebastian's awkwardness, I can see him having a thing for him, too. I have no idea about the age thing, but if they got to know each other, they'd like each other a lot.

• NerdyCat

NerdyCat Void-Bound Voyager

*raises hand* Shane X Emily. See I know it sounds crazy but they both spend lots of time together at the saloon, and during Clint's four heart scene when they were so cute together and Shane was happy to see her and she was excited to listen to him and... sorry... *runs back to corner*

• Relenanator

Relenanator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Harvey x Sebastian. I think Harvey's soft spoken and pleasant attitude would be good for Sebastian and Seb could teach the Doc not to be so awkward and nervous.
                  Sam x Sebastian. For reasons that have already been mentioned on here.
                  Alex x Penny. Penny would be the best emotionally supportive girl from him and she's the most likely to see past his typical jock persona. Alex and Penny could also find common ground, in that they're striving for a better future for themselves.

• Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

In the fanfiction that only exists in my head I ended up shipping Harvey x Penny. Basically my reasoning was I thought their canon love interests aren't going to stay in Pelican Town. Sam has his band, and I think Maru will be hired by a robot making company. Harvey and Penny probably would have met through Maru. And it made sense to me. Harvey is a lonely type, and I get the impression he just likes Maru (who says she isn't his type) because he spends a lot time with her and is nice to him. If Penny spent time with him and was nice I think Harvey would fall hard. I think Penny is lonely as well, but more for her own stable family than company the way Harvey is. She wants someone to settle down quietly with, which is why I have doubts about her and Sam. She also wants a large family, and Harvey is certainly good Dad material. Harvey also has that apartment above his clinic. Maybe not as impressive as a house, but still better than the trailer Penny was bought up. So I think they would do well together. They both want companionship and affection.

I also ship Marlon x Marnie because I think she deserves better than Lewis, who is making her miserable. I take the view he is refusing to go open with their relationship because he is phobic about commitment and playing with her heart. I just picked Marlon because his comment at the flower dance makes it obvious he has a crush on her. I'd be happy if Marnie was with anyone but Lewis.

WonkoTSane42 likes this.
                    • Relenanator

Relenanator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Harvey x Penny makes a LOT of sense. I don't know why I never thought of them before
                      Marlon x Marine. The adventure and the farmer. I like it.

• zmakqp

zmakqp Space Hobo

I never really saw Sebastian x Abigail, they are just too similar and Abigail just strikes me as a lesbian I don’t know. I ship Haley with either Abigail or Sebastian, I think at first they would HATE each other but if they were forced to spend time with each other for some reason they would end up falling for each other. Kind of like Geekly Charming if you have ever seen it, it is a movie on Netflix.

I absolutely adore Penny x Alex they were made for each other.

I like Emily and Clint but I can also see her with Shane, I feel like she is the only person outgoing enough to break him out of his shell.

I have heard of the ship George x Linus but it is kind of my notp, no offense to anyone who ships them.

This is a little off topic but I also love the idea of the Wizard being Abigail’s dad secretly. She would definitely be a good apprentice.

I have no idea how old this thread is but when it comes to ships I just had to share my opinion. :rofl:

• Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

Can't say I have a lot of ships, but I have always quite liked the idea of an Abigail/Sam ship. It seems plausible enough to me. While I understand that Abigail/Sebastian is a more popular ship, I always got the impression that while he did let Abigail hang around with the two of them, the two of them weren't particularly close. Besides, with how outgoing Abigail is, as an introvert myself, I do feel like that kind of personality would wear him out and lead to nothing but conflict.

I can't actually remember most of my reasoning for shipping them, as it's one I came up with when I first started playing, but I do at least know their personalities match up better. While I also read Sam as introverted, he does also seem more able to deal with people- particularly with more exuberant people like Abigail. Probably a plus that comes with having a younger brother like Vincent. Besides, while I don't remember if anything about their friendship comes up in dialogue, and while I do believe that their friendship isn't really as strong as Sam's with Sebastian, I do like to think that it was Sam who befriended her and invited her to spend time with them if only due to proximity. I could see their friendship developing into a relationship.

Not really a more relationship sort of ship, but a friendship one, is Shane/Penny. I can't see it developing into anything more, but I could imagine the two becoming close friends if given the opportunity to. Already, I can see him having a soft spot for her thanks to her teaching Jas, and gratitude for that, so I kind of imagine that while he might be rude to most others, he'd curb his tongue around her. And assuming that the player character didn't get involved in his story, I could see Penny getting involved in it instead. I could kind of imagine a close bond developing between them thanks to that. Again, I can't see it being anything more than friendship, but it's one I like to think is canon anyhow.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I could actually see Penny/Shane, depending on how it worked out.

First off, they would be aware of each other, Shane's the other barfly besides Pam, and so Penny would have ample opportunity to see him at the bar, almost as blitzed as her mother, as she drags her mother home. And going the other way, Shane would be aware that Penny is the one tutoring Jas.

Second, Penny would see Shane actively working at the Joja Mart, so he's not afraid to get his hands dirty, and willing to work even a minimum wage job to make ends meet, instead of just living off of Marnie which, let's be honest, he probably could if he wanted to. She might not like his drinking habits, but she would probably respect his work ethic.

From there, we have to assume that certain events will play out similar to Shane's heart events, with Penny instead of the Farmer as the lead role, otherwise this pairing would never happen. Specifically, Shane's 4 heart event could go down more or less as it does. Penny goes to pick up Jas, Marnie asks to help with Shane, and she dumps a bucket of water on him, probably with a comment "This always works with mom...", and being entirely unsympathetic to his hangover. When he admits to suicidal thoughts, and Jas leaves the room crying, Penny takes him to task, scolding him for upsetting the kid and ordering him to 'get cleaned up, there's only room in town for one drunken slob, and mom's got you beat'.

The Shane Six Heart event happens slightly differently, finding him passed out in the mud outside the saloon while going to retrieve her mother. Conversation goes more or less how it normally does, with Penny taking him to Harvey's, who expresses concern.

From there, he has his moment of clarity, realizing that he's hurting people and becomes a teetotaler, dumping out all the beer in the house. A couple of weeks later, Penny notices Shane's absence from the Saloon, because she's in there practically every night to pick up her mother before she passes out, and comments on it to him. What follows is a close enough approximation for Shane's 8 heart event, being introduced to the chickens and all.

At the same time, I could see her heart events going off too. The two heart event could easily be triggered on his way to work. The four-heart event could occur after he has sobered up, The six heart event can go off at the same time (or even slightly before) the four heart event (go there, become test subject for cooking, then help clean up the place). I don't really see her eight heart event working out right for Shane, however I could instead see a scene where Shane brings Pam home one evening, and they have a serious discussion about his disinclination to drink anymore, and why.

At this point, she sees Shane kicking the bottle, being a recovering alcoholic, still working hard despite having a lousy job, and begins finding him... sweet. He plainly dotes on Jas, after all. And also kind of looks like someone to take care of, which might trigger her maternal instinct. Also, there's the 'reformed bad boy' appeal. It's like the 'bad boy' appeal, but without the risk associated with being with a bad boy. So yea... I could see a romance develop there, once he's kicked the habit.

• BananaPremium

BananaPremium Void-Bound Voyager

My ships are:

Sam x Sebastian
                              Leah x Elliot
                              Alex x Haley
                              Shane x Abigail or Shane x Leah

I think that's p good.
                              I ship myself with everyone bc I'm a shameless flirt. :3c

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Ok, gotta ask since I'm old (well, not THAT old)... what the $*&^ does 'ship' mean? To me it's something that moves on water. I mean seriously...

Wait.. nevermind... apparently I didn't get the memo:

[ship]Slang.
                                noun
                                1. a romantic relationship between fictional characters, especially one that people discuss, write about, or take an interest in, whether or not the romance actually exists in the original book, show, etc.: popular ships in fan fiction.
                                verb (used with or without object), shipped, ship·ping.
                                1. to discuss, write about, or take an interest in a romantic relationship between (fictional characters): I'm shipping for those guys—they would make a great couple!
                                Origin of ship2
                                First recorded in 1995–2000; shortening of relationship

musical74 likes this.
                                • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Good, I'm not the only one that was wondering "how the heck is ship a relationship? I think it's either you are shipping something or a boat..."

That out of the way, I'll add one I've kicked around a little...

Leah x Shane. This pairing is odd in that they don't seem to have a lot in common, but they are neighbors, and when you get Shane away from Joja, you see a caring and sweet side of Shane. Leah could use the emotional support that Shane is able to provide, and Leah would be able to talk to Shane and get him away from ruining his liver with alternative ways of coping.

• tangeriney

tangeriney Subatomic Cosmonaut

My faves are generally the ones the game hints at.

Sam x Penny I think is super duper cute. They seem like total opposites - the rock star skateboarder who's kinda dumb but has a good heart and is always kind (and has a perfect nuclear family), and the quiet bookish girl who tutors the kids and doesn't seem to talk to anyone much and has problems dealing with her alcoholic mother. But they hang out. They climb trees together. I imagine they've been friends for a long time and grown up together, but theirs is a quieter kind of friendship than Sam has with Sebastian or Abby. I was surprised when I realized the game was hinting that they had a thing going, but I fell in love with the idea.

Sam x Sebastian is fun, too, and I've actually seen a lot of stuff about them. Reminds me of Albus x Severus (or my OTP Sam x Kurt from Glee... very reminiscent.)

Leah x Elliott is another favorite. I'd love to see a love story play out between the two of them. They have a lot in common. They're both artsy nature-loving types. I think Elliott is a bit more refined while Leah can be more adventurous. They're cute :)

I used to like the idea of Emily and Clint, but now I realize Clint's kind of got a 'nice guys finish last' attitude and I don't like that at all. Emily can do better. Lots better.
                                    So can Marnie. If she wants a real relationship then god damn it she should have one and Mayor Lewis is just being SILLY thinking it'd get in the way of mayoring.

Also, not really a ship, but I just found out that apparently
                                    Abigail could be the Wizard's daughter??? I'm super into that idea, it's tons of fun! I'd love a storyline about Abigail being, idk, spiritually in touch with nature or discovering magical abilities or something. I started a new playthrough just so I could RP a character that (in my head) would become the Wizard's apprentice and marry his estranged daughter and do fun witchy magical things.

• pierre_but_a_lady

pierre_but_a_lady Intergalactic Tourist

I’m kinda late to this and don’t have much to say but:
                                      ShanexPenny
                                      My reasoning here is mainly opposites attract. I feel like Penny could help Shane overcome his depression and help him soften up. Then, Shane could lend a hand with Vincent and Jas since he’s already an uncle. Penny would also know how to deal with Shane having a blackout because of her mother’s excessive drinking habits. And since she’s a teacher she must be good at nurturing, right? Anyways, I think that they would make an absolutely adorable couple.

• PeachPlaysStardew

PeachPlaysStardew Space Hobo

okay so im very late to this, but my top two are:
                                        Sam x Sebastian: at first i saw them platonically, but after a while i began to think about how cute they would be actually together. and I agree, they balance each other well and would be a super healthy relationship
                                        Shane x Haley: okay, so this one needs some explaining. I was talking to my friends about crack ships, or just ships that don't make sense, and one of them sent this, when we talked about shane and haley being together: So, if Shane were with Haley, it'd definitely be a princess and pauper situation. She'd be complaining about something small and he'd be like "you think your life is hard, princess?" and then she'd blush.
                                        and ever since ive just thought that was super adorable lmao