Story The Chronicles of Bustow

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by The Squid, Nov 23, 2014.

?

How do you feel about this whole thing?

1. It's intoxicating

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. It's pretty darn good

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. Meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know what this is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. собака

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. This sucks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I curse thee and all thy descendants, for thou hast committed an unspeakable crime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Yay! Also, on entry 81, eeeeewww...

The Squid likes this.
  2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Entries 82-84 are out! I really want to make a locked door at the end of the tunnel, but the Floran Mission has gone on for too long.

rhomboid likes this.
  3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Finished entries 85-87!
    So much for that. ^

Shador and rhomboid like this.
  4. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

still pretty close!

The Squid likes this.
  5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Entries 88-89 are up.

6. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Entry #90 is up. I'm having an intense mental debate over whether or not they should find the Outpost or something else like the Erchius moon. What do you guys think?

7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Entries 91-92 + a bonus haiku! Haven't done one of those in a long time.

8. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Entries #93-96 are up. All I can say is #conspiracytheories.

9. Shador

Shador Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is really amazing.:mwahaha: I´m watching this thread, hopefully there will be more.

The Squid likes this.
  10. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Entries 97-98 are out. Sorry I haven't updated in a while.

11. Shador

Shador Subatomic Cosmonaut

Finally...:rofl:

*reads the entries after posting*

O_O

The Squid likes this.
  12. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

The fun part - im keeping this thread bookmarked, but still didn't read your story...
    Maybe not so fun... =(

The Squid and MrToni300 like this.
  13. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Guess what? WE MADE IT TO ENTRY #100! :party:
    I apologize in advance for the excessive use of swearing in these next few entries. I should probably put up some kind of warning about the bad language.

Jareix Cryvix and rhomboid like this.
  14. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Heh... You can put a spoiler inside your spoiler...

The Squid likes this.
  15. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Entries #101 and #102 are up.

rhomboid and Warget like this.
  16. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Oh god! I just passed the 33th one and you're releasing more :rofl:

The Squid likes this.
  17. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Wiring tool eh? I wonder what kind of fun will be had... :sneaky:

The Squid likes this.
  18. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Finally finished you! =D
    It took longer than expected, but I like the story so far. It's a really creative way of explaning everything happening to us in game.

The Squid likes this.
  19. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I just read all of the entries, it's fantastic! I can't wait to see what comes of this (and that matter manipulator). *following*

The Squid likes this.
  20. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

No new entries,but here's my submission for the Story Contest! It's not my best work, due to the word limit, so be advised. ALSO: The Bustow in this story is not the same as the on in the Chronicles of Bustow. Two different people.

Bustow Gurrilla. The name spoken in hushed tones throughout the galaxy. The name cursed by Miniknog soldiers and respected by even the fiercest Floran hunters. The name that Glitch kings despised and Kluex-doubting Avians celebrated. The name of one of the galaxy’s most intrepid explorers, as well as one of it’s greatest mysteries.

Bustow Gurrilla was a hero of the people. He fought for justice and peace. One day, however, he disappeared in one of the most awe-inspiring battles ever recorded.

It was a dark day. Clouds had settled over the enormous Stargazer airship, and rain pounded the wooden decks. Pirates rushed around the ship, firing cannons at one another and trying not to get killed. Bustow stood at the wheel of the ship, steering through the storm. He had commandeered the ship after staging a mutiny and declaring himself captain. As the old ship lugged through the storm, Bustow looked down at the decks below. He gazed upon the mutineers combating the loyal crewmates. Though the original captain was locked deep below decks, the fight raged on.

Bustow fought the controls, struggling to keep the ship from crashing down

onto the cold earth below. And then something awful happened.

As the mutineers struggled to keep the rebellion afloat, the clouds parted momentarily. A ray of sunshine shone onto the deck, casting a golden glow on the perplexed pirates who gazed in awe at the sky. From behind the clouds, the pirates were met with a truly awe-inspiring sight; an enormous dragon, made entirely of smooth, white bones, plummeted down towards the ship. It opened it’s mouth, exposing a gaping chasm filled with jagged edges and rows of teeth. Its roar still haunts all who heard it.

Many of the pirates bowed down to the terrible beast, thinking it was punishment from the great Kluex. Others opened fire. Guns blazing, a terrific fight ensued.

By this time, the airship had traveled over an Avian settlement, whose inhabitants watched in awe as the ship was attacked. Bustow nearly fell to his death as the great dragon shot an enormous fireball at the ship’s wheel. The controls now destroyed, Bustow grabbed his battle hammer. He prepared himself for the fight.

The dragon landed on the old wooden ship, which gave a mighty shudder. The deck splintered and cracked, and the dragon collapsed one of the ship’s towering masts. The ship slowly lost altitude, much to the horror of the spectators below.

Bustow ran along the railing of the ship, taking care not to slip on the damp wood. The rain had started again, pounding the poor, overwhelmed airship in sheets. Bustow leapt through the air at the dragon, holding his hammer high above his head. As he brought it down, the dragon gave a mighty roar, and the airship came plummeting to the ground. Scores of horrified witnesses rushed to the scene, but to their surprise and utter mystification, no trace of Bustow was found, nor was their hero ever seen again. /SPOILER]

rhomboid, Zebe, Warget and 1 other person like this.