The Junimo Hut Experiment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brandiganBTW, Jun 6, 2020.

1. brandiganBTW

brandiganBTW Void-Bound Voyager

Hey! I wanted to explore the mechanic of changing the color of your junimos that's new with the 1.4 update. I made a quick video of my findings below if you wanna check it out but jotted down my conclusions if videos aren't your thing. I'd be interested to hear if ppl have discovered other mechanics around the junimo huts!

My TL;DR is:

• The patch notes say you can use gems to change the color of your junimos by placing them in the hut. Turns out, this also works with geode minerals (star shards, jamborite, marble, etc.) and not just the 8 gemstones

• Placing a prismatic shard in the hut will give you junimos that change colors

• Color doesn't change if you add more than one of a gem

• If you have 2 or more different kinds of gems in a hut, the game seems to randomly choose a gem for the junimo color (order in the hut inventory doesn't seem to matter)

• You can turn harvesting off in the junimo hut section and have them hang out around your farm every day (as long as there is a crop in range ready to be harvested and it's not raining). Crops in garden pots do not trigger this
    Hope this helps inspire others to try more things out with junimos =)

Skinflint likes this.
    • Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Although indirect to your information, you prompted me to revisit the Junimo Hut on iPad OS under 1.4 since previous mobile versions lacked the ability to pause harvesting, and to my delight it is now supported! Thanks for the inadvertent nudge. That had been the biggest obstacle to my ability to create acceptable videos of my farm!

• brandiganBTW

thanks i guess? if i may ask, is there a way for me to be more direct? I wrote 3 sentences before bullet points of my findings so i suppose i'm having a difficult time understanding your intention and what you mean.

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I apologize if my words conveyed a disparaging impression! I simply meant it’s funny that you benefitted me even though I hoestly don’t care that much about its subject matter *sheepish grin* But I’m glad you made the video for the community, for sure! It’s well-organized, well-presented, and had I been looking for a video on the subject it would serve well. I only read your summary out of boredom, then watched to see what turning it off looked like in 1.4 so I could be sure to recognize if it was implemented in the App Store version. Thank you for contributing to the community, and I was just hoping my message was an extra dollop of thanks rather than dragging you in any way. I look forward to at last making videos of my farm, and thank you for the comprehensiveness of your video making that possible for me (so comprehensive you didn’t even mean to, is my point *bright smile* since you mentioned it as a sort of aside)!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
          • brandiganBTW

totally understood and also my bad for misunderstanding you! i know things are often lost in translation on the internet; i appreciate the kind words and hope some the other ideas im working on may be useful too! i love exploring stardew mechanics and i think that'll pick up for all of us even more when the 1.5 update comes out!

Skinflint likes this.