1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Nightars (Revived) [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Races' started by AbsoluteXeroEX, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Apollyon

Saint Apollyon Phantasmal Quasar

Did you hear that the Nightars are getting assimilated into FU? I'm just curious, because I don't know if this was something you had a hand in, or just kinda funny timing.
    And even if you had nothing to do with it, I hope it doesn't discourage you from continuing your work. You've made some good stuff!

2. AbsoluteXeroEX

AbsoluteXeroEX Phantasmal Quasar

I had actually talked with sayter a while back and for the FU things, once I get to where I can work on this again, I had planned on making a branch specific to FU and one for vanilla, since I wanted to have the Nightars be something of their own spin-off. The Nightars have always somewhat been a part of FU for a while now, which I didn't mind. I plan on working with Sayter and Co. to help maximize their potential in the future. :)

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  3. AbsoluteXeroEX

I'm sure many of you are aware now, but the Nightars have been added to Frackin Universe! Sayter and his crew all have brilliant minds, and I'm sure he can put them to good use from an FU perspective. This does NOT mean, however, that I have abandoned the Nightars altogether. I will continue to work on this as I can, but it is important to note that unless Sayter wants to integrate any of my future updates (which I'm totally fine with btw), it is likely that THIS particular version will no longer be compatible with Frackin Universe. I recommend that you either copy an installation folder to a new spot or use the "unstable" release (it works well enough).

As always, please feel free to reach out to me for any questions or concerns regarding the Nightars and I'll be happy to answer them as best I can.

Thank you!

4. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

And what of the nightar mission? Is it getting integrated too, or just the race?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  5. AbsoluteXeroEX

As far as I know, only the AI's entry for it is in FU, not the mission itself.

6. AbsoluteXeroEX

Talked with Sayter a bit; the Nightfort mission will not be integrated into FU anytime soon, due to the mismatch of the FU aesthetic for the Nightars. I plan on scrapping it myself in this version in favor of something more fitting (because, and let's be honest, the Nightars are just as expansive as any other race, so having a singular kingdom trying to rule all doesn't really work). I also plan on adding a custom intro for the Nightars, which I'll review with Sayter to see if he'd like to incorporate it into FU with whatever changes he'd like to make.

In other news, I have a question for everyone! I'm working on a Nightar-themed UI, but I'd like to know if you'd rather have it integrated with this version or as a stand-alone version. So far, only the action bar and item rarity textures have been modified, with the rarity bits taking a cue from Destiny/D2's style, but I plan on modifying everything else as well (HUD, inventory, journals/lore, quests, the works.)
    So again:
    Integrated? Or stand-alone?

7. AbsoluteXeroEX

Trying to add content to this mod in 2019 after FU integration like:
    [​IMG]

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  8. AbsoluteXeroEX

This mod has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.