NPC The tech seller.

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Myaskol, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Myaskol

Myaskol Void-Bound Voyager

I've been playing multiplayer since i started playing starbound. This also means when I fly to a new planet most of the loot get "stolen" by my friends. They beam down and start exploring before i can even say: lets go..

Tech are hard to find. at least for me they are. Also if you are playing with an group of 4-5 people you have to find all the tech's 4-5 times. It would be great if there was something like the pirate ship but for techs. you can buy tech items at insane prices (10k+ or something) it should not be to easy to obtain them. Therefore i would like to suggest an NPC that sells tech items.

Let me know what you guys think about it!

Valdifer likes this.
  2. Inferndragon

Inferndragon Space Spelunker

I feel that would take the balancing of the game. It's a rare item usually found in Apex facilities or in tech chests randomly on planets...
    If you gave everyone the tech it would lower the value of it... at level 40 players can get 10-400 pixels per enemy killed... So if you killed 25 enemies and they dropped 400 pixels... you would have 10k pixels)...

Also you can only use 1 tech in each tech slot... Instead why not just do it that each race starts off with 1 racial tech (ability)... That would solve the problem.

3. Myaskol

don't you think at level 40 the players deserve the chance to get a hold of some tech items? also the idea of the racial is fun but then people would take a certain race just because of the tech they get. for example if .... avian gets dash at start and human morph ball my choice would be avian. and not because i like the race but only because of the tech. don't think they want that to happen.

4. Inferndragon

Inferndragon Space Spelunker

The fun of the game is exploration... if you really want tech just look up tech co-ordinates (or just find them yourself)...

5. Myaskol

so there should be no vendors ingame at all.. thats basicly what ur saying. blaming it all on "the game is exploration". also its just a suggestion like the 1000 others out there everybody has their own opinion about it. you are just the only one who responded so far hahaha.

6. Cloud_7777hp

Cloud_7777hp Void-Bound Voyager

I agree.. no tech vendor .. the fun is to find them thats what make the game nice

7. Toady

Toady Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yea, Tech vendor would ruin the experience to finding all those items. The aim of the game is to experience all it has to offer not to offer all it has as an experience.

8. Myaskol

remove all the vendors ingame! and this patch they buffed the tech drops A LOT. so ur responce is kinda late. i made this threat when they could not be found anywhere..

some people made their own mod for it now, so maybe its not that weird after all:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/outskirt-mods-tech-vending-machine.166/