The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, you can stick them in chests. There is never need to carry the water can around the map. I never take my axe or scythe to the mine. I've got a chest for dairy stuff. Until I've got the biggest backpack my milk bucket lives there. The morning of the 2nd when Willy gives you the fishing pole I go to the beach with just my hoe. I've always got my hoe, unless Clint's got it. I'd go nuts if I had to carry all that stuff. :D

• Sleeping Fox

Sleeping Fox Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone else think Linus is a bit creepy? Whenever I go to the mountains, he is lurking behind trees and bushes for hours:

Linus01.jpg
      It took me a while to notice he was there, and after I discovered him, he just walked out of the bush - probably to find another hiding spot.

Linus02.jpg

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I've always assumed that's his latrine behind the bush. I've also assumed that's what Vincent's up to when you find him lurking around the stairway to the park. Peeing indoors is a problematic social construct!

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

It must be in houses with no bathrooms... Everyone's forced to improvise...

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

If the statue of Lewis (the statue that's behind his house as shown by a secret note) is in fact something Lewis did, part of me thinks it's impressive that Lewis can do this...and part of me wants to put it front and center and say "look how self-absorbed the mayor is!!!" Not sure which side I'm leaning towards more.

• Sleeping Fox

Sleeping Fox Void-Bound Voyager

When you find a better sword in the mines, but it lands in the wall and you don't yet have a magnet ring :facepalm:

mines.jpg

On an unrelated note, Clint really isn't the brightest guy in the town. He requested 20 copper ores for inspection. Usually I just have a chest with copper next to his house for this, because this way I can complete the quest without wasting time. However, this time I didn't have a stash of copper, so I just went to Clint to buy some ores and it counted as collecting copper, too. What does he need me for, if he's inspecting his own copper ores?

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I spotted this six months ago(post #516) but today, for Reddit, I busted it out as a .gif. People seem to like it. Thought that could be reason enough to resurrect the Thread of Randomness.

ClintWork.gif

Stryder87 likes this.
                • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

So I'm finding some very odd things on this save that I'm playing. First, it's been an excessively lucky save. The cart gave me about 5 items I needed for the CC, which I finished near the end of week 3 of Fall Y1 (honestly I wasn't even trying to do a Y1 CC run). I'm on Spring 9 Y2 and only have the Arrowhead left for the complete Museum collection. Everyone was maxed friendship by the end of Fall Y1, and Kent is already 4 stars.

Now here are a couple odd things:
                  My baby girl is an escape artist!
                  Escape Artist.jpg
                  That one isn't so bad. However, this next one is very very weird:

Mushroom Chest.jpg

It seems that this particular chest likes to turn into a mushroom box. It's done it three times now, always in the spring. My cave is the bat cave, not the mushroom cave. In order to 'fix' the problem, I have to empty the chest then carefully axe it right on the edge so it doesn't open the chest instead. It pops up as a mushroom box. I then have to make a new chest, put it down and reset it. It happened once during Spring Y1, but it's happened twice now in Spring Y2, only 6 days apart. I only remember this happening once before in a different save, and it only happened once. Any ideas why this would be happening?? :unsure:

The Batcave:
                  BatCave 02.jpg

My shrine to Lewis!! :geek:

Lewis Shrine.jpg

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

The attention to detail in this game always amazes me.... horseshoes!! :3

Horseshoes.jpg

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

There be onions here... Onions.jpg

Pangaea likes this.
                      • Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Didn't get a screenshot but Pierre just told me he was "so happy to have a day off" while standing behind the counter. I know Pierre's a bit of a workaholic, but really? I think someone needs to explain the concept of a "day off" to him... :catlol:

(Obviously it's because it was Wednesday and I'd completed the community center.)

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

That's funny, so I suppose the script still sees him as working on Wednesday, even though he doesn't? Or is he being ironic? Either way, brilliant.
                          [​IMG]

• Elenna101

It's the other way around - before you complete the community center, Pierre's shop is closed on Wednesdays, so he has dialogue about having a day off. After you complete it, Joja gets kicked out and Pierre works every day of the week, but I guess he can still have that dialogue because the game doesn't check. :D

Jack Of Shades likes this.
                            • Jack Of Shades

Right, I haven't played in a number of months so I forgot the order entirely. Been busy waiting for multiplayer.... -Stares at Sickhead Games intensely-
                              Anyway, so Irony it is!

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I rage quit yesterday...
                                As a rule I record my games. It makes it simpler. I've got the raw gameplay video, and when something good happens I can just strike a pose and get on with my game, then go back to the video later and take the screenshot or cut out a bit for a highlight video or gif.

So it's Spring 28 and it's been a good start. I've got ~40k in pocket and 50 quality sprinklers. I've finished clearing out the area for my summer crops and laid out gravel patches for the sprinklers. Everything's set up, it's 5pm and raining, so I head to the ocean to get an eel. I hadn't got one yet so it just felt like the right thing to do. I get there and almost immediately get a treasure chest with both Neptune's Glaive and the Broken Trident. I figure that's pretty good, then on the next fish I get another chest with a treasure chest inside. I'm feeling pretty good at that point. I get my eel and head home.

At the daily earnings screen I hit my hotkey to cycle the screen recorder and it makes the wrong noise. It hadn't been recording. I'm bummed out hard. I sit and think about it for a moment and come to grips with missing out on the video. I head out to start summer...

There's a crow outside! I hadn't put the scarecrow back down after rearranging the field, and that prick just ate one of my ancient fruit!

Prick.jpg

WilliamZ, One More Day and Elenna101 like this.
                                • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Not gonna lie, I burst out laughing reading this

At time like this, you just need to remember that the good and the bad all balances out in the end.

For instance, in my latest farm
                                  • doing some day 5 mining
                                  • 1am
                                  • just got to floor 19
                                  • can't craft ladders yet
                                  • very bad luck day (-8.7%)
                                  • keep breaking rocks, just in case
                                  • pass out at 2am on floor 25

BentFX likes this.
                                  • Elenna101

upload_2019-5-25_17-17-22.png

That's going to be an... interesting... dress...

kelikani and Surenu like this.
                                    • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Emily's always been a bit bizarre, but this is a new one for me! Do I WANT to know how she plans on using an octopus for buttons?

• Elenna101

I suppose you could maybe dry octopus skin and make it into buttons??? (I know nothing about octopi, sewing, or buttons)

In any case I opted to not ask too many questions and just give her the octopus :D

• Jack Of Shades

When you begin asking questions in Pelican Town, that's when thing's get dark. Twin peaks style.

Surenu likes this.