Took me til Now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chlorruption, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To realize that you can use your pickaxe to un-till a patch of soil that you didn't mean to hoe up.

Is this a big revelation for any of you, too?

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

It's well known. Was most recently mentioned in a thread about a month ago, but has been put up as a tip repeatedly over at least the last year. This isn't meant to denigrate you. You're not the first who discovered this and found it surprising, and I'm sure you won't be the last.

When you think about it, it makes sense from an ease of use, I want to undo what I've done standpoint. And it helps focus the game's more difficult mechanics on bigger matters, especially combat and fishing.

• Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

By now I've known about it for a while, but it took me a long time to figure out as well. I think I finally learned about that from swinging my pickaxe over a tilled bit of soil entirely by accident :rofl: It was a pretty nice revelation, I'd been trying different methods to change the soil back and had never thought to use the pick, so for a little while I'd just assumed that you could only wait for it to go back on its own.

• Funcrunch

Funcrunch Void-Bound Voyager

Took me a long time to figure this out as well. Also took me awhile to figure out that I needed to use the pick-axe to move equipment and such. Even with the wiki's help, many of this game's mechanics took me awhile to get used to.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

On my first farm I tried every tool on tilled land because I couldn't imagine that there was no way to un-till land. At first I tried lifting a rock... old Harvest Moon style.

• oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, i figured it was just the same way as harvest moon, except you used a hammer in that one since that was your mining tool.